Steelers 23 Ravens 14

Why do the Steelers have the sorriest punter in the sport? Really, why? That's simply something that there's no excuse for. The fact that he's not cost them a game yet is another resounding testament for their defense. He handicaps them more often than not with punts that LRCW could make for cryin' out loud.

Sweed and Berger kill me, but both did have good plays.

Berger made a nice tackle and caused a fumble. Sweed broke up an Int and had a really nice block.

Berger won't be on the team next year and he might have even helped Daniel Sepulveda get a raise... :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do have a question about the Clark hit. I know it wasn't a dirty play, but when there is a helmet to helmet hit, isn't it a penalty normally?

I believe the penalty is actually for leading with the helmet. I must admit they usually flag it without trying to make the distinction though.

Limas Sweed should be fined by the team, not only for missing a 50yd cakewalk for a TD, he laid on the field like he was injured which burned the last timeout of the half, which would have been handy when Ben made the bonehead throw across the middle to kill any chance for a FG.

Best defense won today. :thumb:

If Hines and Clark can be healthy for the SB, I like the Steeler's chances.

I also told an administrator before the game that Fast Willie would not have 50yds rushing, so I'd like to publicly say I told you so.:p

Man, I really wish the Titans would have listened to the experts at ESPN (Kiper, Steve Young, Berman, etc.) and picked Limas Sweed instead of Chris Johnson. Nice call guys...:clap:

Speaking of an "I told you so"...I knew the Ravens couldn't score on the Steelers without some help...both TD's were gimmes set up by PI's in or near the end zone...and a big punt return.

There was a brief moment there that I thought Pittsburgh was going to get in on the charitable feelings that Tennessee started a week ago and send Baltimore to the Super Bowl with a big pretty bow on top. Thank goodness Polamalu finally...and I do mean FINALLY made Flacco and the Ravens sorry excuse for a passing game pay.

Edited by 5wide

Maybe. This is what the NFL classifies as 15 yard penalties. from nfl.com

A tackler using his helmet to butt, spear, or ram an opponent.

Any player who uses the top of his helmet unnecessarily.

I don't think it should have been a penalty. It was basically a full-speed collision...Clark lead with the shoulder, McGahee took two steps, turned and tried to put his head down when he saw Clark coming...when he did, their helmets hit. It happens. It's the NFL.

I don't think it should have been a penalty. It was basically a full-speed collision...Clark lead with the shoulder, McGahee took two steps, turned and tried to put his head down when he saw Clark coming...when he did, their helmets hit. It happens. It's the NFL.

I wasn't trying to imply that you thought it was a penalty. Just merely stating what the NFL classifies as a penalty. I agree with you though. :thumb:

I do have a question about the Clark hit. I know it wasn't a dirty play, but when there is a helmet to helmet hit, isn't it a penalty normally?

No more than the late hit on Roethlisberger in the first half with the crown of the helmet in the back.

Last summer when the Bengals signed Chris Henry, I emailed Mike Brown that I was done with his Bengals so long as he continues to sign people like Chris Henry and ask me as a father to ask my son to cheer for people such as Chris Henry.

I further told him that no longer will I cheer for the Bengals but I will become a fan of the Steelers.

Good year to become a Steeler's fan. My son is proudly wearing his #7 jersey to school tomorrow. Wore his #86 jersey today.

Last summer when the Bengals signed Chris Henry, I emailed Mike Brown that I was done with his Bengals so long as he continues to sign people like Chris Henry and ask me as a father to ask my son to cheer for people such as Chris Henry.

I further told him that no longer will I cheer for the Bengals but I will become a fan of the Steelers.

Good year to become a Steeler's fan. My son is proudly wearing his #7 jersey to school tomorrow. Wore his #86 jersey today.

:thumb::clap: I love it!:D