2009 Highlands

Ram

I'll take a team full of solid players any time. I did see one of the Bruns run the ball for Dixie's frosh team and he was very, very good. If he works hard and buys into the Highlands conditioning system and work ethic, he'll be a very very good player in the years to come. What position did the other Bruns play?

My understanding is part of the reason they transferred to Highlands is that they are seeking a place where they can work hard, so I don't think it will be a hard sell to get them to buy in.

The other Bruns played on the OL, and alternated between inside LB and DT.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is part of the reason they transferred to Highlands is that they are seeking a place where they can work hard, so I don't think it will be a hard sell to get them to buy in.

That's perfect:thumb: We do need some younger guys on the Defensive Line to work in next year. What size is the DT? Is is Devin or Drake?

[/b]

That's perfect:thumb: We do need some younger guys on the Defensive Line to work in next year. What size is the DT? Is is Devin or Drake?

It's Devin. They are both about 6'. Devin probably weighs around 190; Drake around 170. I'm sure time in the weight room will change this before next summer and fall.

Well they have certainly found what they were seeking. Thanks for the response and the info.

[/b]

The D-line will be just fine next year. It will have a nice combination of speed, size, and quickness.

The D-line will be just fine next year. It will have a nice combination of speed, size, and quickness.

And I don't doubt that... It will be nice to have a couple more bodies to push the players that think they are going to just move into a position just becuase it's their turn. There are only about 6 or 7 positons that are imo locked up going into spring practice. It's a good thing, believe me...

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

No need to run the ball very much next year. Just enough to keep the defense honest. Air it out and run up the score! IMO, the opposing defenses are in trouble.

LN will likely take you to task on that one!

I would love to see a more pass-oriented offense, however, with that in mind, and with some of the backs we will have next year, we will still have a potent running game. Couple those backs with 3 returning O Line starters, and HHS should be able to run with great success.

I would love to see a more pass-oriented offense, however, with that in mind, and with some of the backs we will have next year, we will still have a potent running game. Couple those backs with 3 returning O Line starters, and HHS should be able to run with great success.

And they should, but with the players they will have in place i see Highlands passing the ball early and often. It should be another fun year in Ft Thomas..

As to the bolded, not necessarily. Dale will do what it takes to win another state championship. If that means running the ball all the time, he'll do it. If it means passing the ball all the time, he'll do it. And if it means a balanced offense like this past year, he'll do it. That in my opinion is what great coaches do; they adjust their offensive style to the talent available to them that year. I know that some very good coaches like to stick to their system and try to mold the kids to fit that system. I just like Mueller's concept of adapting the system to the talent available more so.

Guest Birdflu

You have to be ready, willing and able to either run or pass the ball. You have to be able to take advantage of the defensive weaknesses of the opponent. One dimensional teams will normally find their match at some point.

You have to be ready, willing and able to either run or pass the ball. You have to be able to take advantage of the defensive weaknesses of the opponent. One dimensional teams will normally find their match at some point.

I think Dale has proven that he will do whatever it takes. He has had passing and running offenses. They will just fine next year.