2009 Highlands

Ram

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start this by saying I love what Will Bardo has and think he is going to do great at HHS but IMO to think that he doesn't need a coach is crazy. He has someone that will work with him to make him better qb and better person and possibly get him prepared for the next level, but if you all think that he can do it on his own then best of luck to him. I know the majority or the people want HHS to shine and have the best people come out of there but there are people in here that just criticize everything. HHS is an amazng program that has athletes left and right and just because they are bigger than normal or anything else people ride them. Again this is just my opinion

One of HHS's biggest challenges I see for 2009 and recent years past is "Student Body" support at home games. Year after year, the student body attendence keeps getting smaller and smaller. Even the Covcath game, they were there for the most part but still not the same in years past.

Here's an idea. Let all kids in the district in for free. Have an I.D. card that shows their school affiliation and that allows them to attend for free. Personally I would rather see 500 kids than 100 kids at the games. I know that number might be a little skewed but I was being nice on the 100. If you start letting the kids in for free, then maybe their parents will want to come and spend the $6 to get in and then spend money at concessions and so forth. I know the school doesn't get concessions but something needs to be done and they need to get creative with it.

Let me start this by saying I love what Will Bardo has and think he is going to do great at HHS but IMO to think that he doesn't need a coach is crazy. He has someone that will work with him to make him better qb and better person and possibly get him prepared for the next level' date=' but if you all think that he can do it on his own then best of luck to him. I know the majority or the people want HHS to shine and have the best people come out of there but there are people in here that just criticize everything. HHS is an amazng program that has athletes left and right and just because they are bigger than normal or anything else people ride them. Again this is just my opinion[/quote']

William has been working with a qb coach for the last three years... It is the same qb coach that has worked with many of the great qb's in the N Ky area. Also hear that he may get the opportunity to work w/ J-Lo during the off season. So you can relax, Will is getting plenty of excellent coaching... at HHS as well as off campus. In fact, I would venture to say it is now the norm for all HS qbs to get personal coaching / training throughout their high school career. IMO, he doesn't need a coach to make him a better person. There isn't a nicer gentleman walking the halls of HHS than Will Bardo. :thumb:

William has been working with a qb coach for the last three years... It is the same qb coach that has worked with many of the great qb's in the N Ky area. Also hear that he may get the opportunity to work w/ J-Lo during the off season. So you can relax, Will is getting plenty of excellent coaching... at HHS as well as off campus. In fact, I would venture to say it is now the norm for all HS qbs to get personal coaching / training throughout their high school career. IMO, he doesn't need a coach to make him a better person. There isn't a nicer gentleman walking the halls of HHS than Will Bardo. :thumb:

As someone who has the pleasure of having Will in my home on a regular basis, I agree with your entire post but definitely the bolded part. He's a fine, fine young man.

Personally I think we've beat up the Dale should hire Lorenzen or some other qb coach to death. Maybe he should, maybe he shouldn't. Bottom line is that Dale is going to do what Dale wants to do. No doubt he is a control freak with his way of doing things. While I and others may disagree with some of those decisions, I cut him a lot of slack because of what he has accomplished in his 15 years or so at the helm. And at the end of the day, debating it on here isn't going to accomplish anything. I assume Lorenzen has approached Dale and Dale has said thanks, but not thanks. Who knows why, but it doesn't matter to me.

The only thing I can think of is that Dale likes his current coaching staff and the chemistry. If Rob Smith wanted to come and coach the O line, many a person who think Dale should hire Rob because of his professional accomplishments. Not me. I love what Turner has done with our O lines over the years and wouldn't want to do anything that would upset the apple cart.

I know Lorenzen has a lot of friends on here who are making a lot of the posts saying Dale should hire a qb coach and they are probably frustrated in not understanding why Dale won't hire Lorenzen. As someone that had dealt pretty closely with Dale over the years, I can appreciate such frustration. But at the end of the day, Dale just keeps turning out great football teams and even better young men so I'll live with my frustration. I wouldn't trade Dale for any other head coach in Ky.

As someone who has the pleasure of having Will in my home on a regular basis, I agree with your entire post but definitely the bolded part. He's a fine, fine young man.

Personally I think we've beat up the Dale should hire Lorenzen or some other qb coach to death. Maybe he should, maybe he shouldn't. Bottom line is that Dale is going to do what Dale wants to do. No doubt he is a control freak with his way of doing things. While I and others may disagree with some of those decisions, I cut him a lot of slack because of what he has accomplished in his 15 years or so at the helm. And at the end of the day, debating it on here isn't going to accomplish anything. I assume Lorenzen has approached Dale and Dale has said thanks, but not thanks. Who knows why, but it doesn't matter to me.

The only thing I can think of is that Dale likes his current coaching staff and the chemistry. If Rob Smith wanted to come and coach the O line, many a person who think Dale should hire Rob because of his professional accomplishments. Not me. I love what Turner has done with our O lines over the years and wouldn't want to do anything that would upset the apple cart.

I know Lorenzen has a lot of friends on here who are making a lot of the posts saying Dale should hire a qb coach and they are probably frustrated in not understanding why Dale won't hire Lorenzen. As someone that had dealt pretty closely with Dale over the years, I can appreciate such frustration. But at the end of the day, Dale just keeps turning out great football teams and even better young men so I'll live with my frustration. I wouldn't trade Dale for any other head coach in Ky.

Truer words were never spoken! Having Dale as our Coach is absolutely a blessing.

I didn't mean that Will was a bad person at all. I love the kid and think he is a great role model for younger children. Someone that I would want my kids to look up to.

You all are right about Dale doing whatever he wants to do because you can not argue with his accomplishments on the field. Dale wants his guys in there and that's fine. That's just the way he is.

I didn't mean that Will was a bad person at all. I love the kid and think he is a great role model for younger children. Someone that I would want my kids to look up to.

You all are right about Dale doing whatever he wants to do because you can not argue with his accomplishments on the field. Dale wants his guys in there and that's fine. That's just the way he is.

:thumb:

But at the end of the day, Dale just keeps turning out great football teams and even better young men so I'll live with my frustration. I wouldn't trade Dale for any other head coach in Ky.

100% agreement. I just hope he keeps going long enough for my son to graduate.

Didn't Dale also either win a KY state championship or finish runner-up at another school before HHS?

I know its official as the Bruns boys from Dixie are enrolled in classes at Highlands as of Monday. These boys will be Sophomores next season. Anybody have any insight as to whether or not they will get possible varsity minutes or primarily be on the JV squad? I didnt catch the this past season's Dixie/HHS frosh game but I heard Dixie handled them.

100% agreement. I just hope he keeps going long enough for my son to graduate.

Didn't Dale also either win a KY state championship or finish runner-up at another school before HHS?

I don't think so. After he gave up his engineering job to teach/coach, he spend some time at Newport under Mike Murphy. He then went to Withrow where he has some good success with one 10-0 season and then went to Sycamore where he had some more success, and then came to Highlands in 94.

I think that some of the questions for next year is who will be the defensive front, Beck, Dierig, Fennell, Johnson, Sullivan... and who will fill in at the DB positions, Buten,Gold, Siedel, Duanes(sp)...? Not to mention the two O linemen positions that need to be filled by some of the above mentioned or Hahn, Meyers or Moyer?

I feel that the LB positions will be solid with Roller, Alford, Hogue, Bankemper, Compton??? There are a lot of interchangeable parts and I think Spring ball will be interesting this year!!!