Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

I think that the Manual game will give this new team a very competative game and the strong and weak parts of team will give the coaches a good look at what needs to be worked on and what the new position players can do in game conditions. I think you will see Bardo run the ball more than Tony which will open up more passing options.

 

Who will be the back up to Bardo ? Siedl or Abner ?

 

I heard that Abner will be attending NCC in 2009, any truth to that rumor ?

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would be very surprised if Abner went to NCC. As for Bardo he may do a little of everything. I would expect him to pass more but he is athletic enough to run if he needs to. IMO he is a lot faster than Tony and it will open up the offense more.

I think that the Manual game will give this new team a very competative game and the strong and weak parts of team will give the coaches a good look at what needs to be worked on and what the new position players can do in game conditions. I think you will see Bardo run the ball more than Tony which will open up more passing options.

 

Who will be the back up to Bardo ? Siedl or Abner ?

 

I heard that Abner will be attending NCC in 2009, any truth to that rumor ?

 

 

Be very careful of what kind of info you post on this site without knowing 100% what you are talking about. When Abner comes back healthy in 2009 he will be the backup QB. He played pretty much the 2nd half of the season with a bum knee and a broken throwing hand. The kid should of went into a cast but decided to gut it out. Siedl couldn't beat out a healthy Abner. It's not going to happen.

I would like to see what a healthy Abner is like in a few years. He is rough around the edges but would be great for HHS in the next couple of years. You know I was thinking over that past 10 years HHS has been a QB factory and will be for the next 5 at least. It sure helps a lot when you have great athletes coming into the program year after year.

[/b]

 

Be very careful of what kind of info you post on this site without knowing 100% what you are talking about. When Abner comes back healthy in 2009 he will be the backup QB. He played pretty much the 2nd half of the season with a bum knee and a broken throwing hand. The kid should of went into a cast but decided to gut it out. Siedl couldn't beat out a healthy Abner. It's not going to happen.

 

 

Now there's some advise everyone should keep in mind, but generally do not.:thumb:

2009 Highlands schedule:

 

August 21 Louisville DuPont Manual A 7:00

August 28 Ryle A 7:00

September 4 Beechwood A 7:00

September 11 Cincinnati Withrow A 7:30

September 18 Boone County H 7:00

September 25 Covington Holmes H 7:00

October 2 Dixie Heights H 7:00

October 9 Bye

October 17 Covington Catholic A 7:00

October 23 Scott H 7:00

October 30 Ryle H 7:00

November 6 1st round of playoffs

November 13 2nd round of playoffs

November 20 Regional final

November 27 State semifinal

December 4 State championship

 

 

Oh, I think the CovCath game will probably be at 1pm on 10/17, and not at 7pm (the game will be at CovCath on a Saturday, I believe).

I think that the Manual game will give this new team a very competative game and the strong and weak parts of team will give the coaches a good look at what needs to be worked on and what the new position players can do in game conditions. I think you will see Bardo run the ball more than Tony which will open up more passing options.

 

Who will be the back up to Bardo ? Siedl or Abner ?

 

I heard that Abner will be attending NCC in 2009, any truth to that rumor ?

 

Even if he did, he probably wouldn't be eligible, under current rules.

Even if he did, he probably wouldn't be eligible, under current rules.[/QUOte]

 

 

 

Really...

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

Even if he did, he probably wouldn't be eligible, under current rules.

 

Are you sure about that? Just curious what is the rule? I don't think he has played any varsity so if he wanted to I think he could go but he isn't going anywhere.

2009 Highlands schedule:

 

August 21 Louisville DuPont Manual A 7:00

August 28 Ryle A 7:00

September 4 Beechwood A 7:00

September 11 Cincinnati Withrow A 7:30

September 18 Boone County H 7:00

September 25 Covington Holmes H 7:00

October 2 Dixie Heights H 7:00

October 9 Bye

October 17 Covington Catholic A 7:00

October 23 Scott H 7:00

October 30 Ryle H 7:00

November 6 1st round of playoffs

November 13 2nd round of playoffs

November 20 Regional final

November 27 State semifinal

December 4 State championship

 

I'll trade you a Scott and a Ryle for a Cincinnati Colerain. :thumb:

Are you sure about that? Just curious what is the rule? I don't think he has played any varsity so if he wanted to I think he could go but he isn't going anywhere.

 

I am not sure about anything. I just assumed he had played at least one play in a varsity game.

  • Author

Bylaw 6. Transfer Rule

Sec. 1) Domestic Students

Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through

twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity game in any sport

at any school following enrollment in grade nine (9) and who then

transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics at

any level in any sport for one year from the date of enrollment in

the new school.

The Commissioner has discretion (but is not required) to waive

the period of ineligibility set forth above if one of the following

exceptions has been met. Determinations of whether a student

shall be granted a waiver pursuant to this rule shall be based on

the circumstances existing as of the date of enrollment at the new

school. The KHSAA shall not recognize as grounds for a waiver of

the period of ineligibility an argument that the educational needs

of the transferring students would be better served through a

transfer.

ByLaw 6 - Transfers

I am not sure about anything. I just assumed he had played at least one play in a varsity game.

 

Well he didn't and like Penn said, I don't think Snowman is going anywhere.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Bylaw 6. Transfer Rule

Sec. 1) Domestic Students

Any student who has been enrolled in grades nine (9) through

twelve (12) and has participated in any varsity game in any sport

at any school following enrollment in grade nine (9) and who then

transfers schools shall be ineligible for interscholastic athletics at

any level in any sport for one year from the date of enrollment in

the new school.

The Commissioner has discretion (but is not required) to waive

the period of ineligibility set forth above if one of the following

exceptions has been met. Determinations of whether a student

shall be granted a waiver pursuant to this rule shall be based on

the circumstances existing as of the date of enrollment at the new

school. The KHSAA shall not recognize as grounds for a waiver of

the period of ineligibility an argument that the educational needs

of the transferring students would be better served through a

transfer.

ByLaw 6 - Transfers

 

Thanks

Now there's some advise everyone should keep in mind, but generally do not.:thumb:

 

Dude! Deer season over... HHS season over... Nothing on ESPN. What were you doing up at 3:45am?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.