Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

What's the possibilities of some of the hoopsters joining the football squad next year. Do ya think Watson, Grote, Dill and the like could have an impact? Some big bodies never hurt !

 

Why would they want to? They have obviously made the commitment to hoops. Always tough IMO to come out for a sport when you are a senior irregardless of your physical abilities.

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's the possibilities of some of the hoopsters joining the football squad next year. Do ya think Watson, Grote, Dill and the like could have an impact? Some big bodies never hurt !

 

I cant see any of those kids coming out as Sr's. They are the quintessential true "basketball players". I know they all play strong in hoops but I just dont see it.

 

Personally I don't think they need them to come out. They are going to be LOADED again next year.

Why would they want to? They have obviously made the commitment to hoops. Always tough IMO to come out for a sport when you are a senior irregardless of your physical abilities.

 

That depends on how good an athlete you are. I know of a player who didn't play football till his senior year and became all conference safety on an undefeated state championship team. Football is the one sport that a great athlete can make an impact right away. Look at the various college basketball players that became pro football players. There are quite a few of them.

Why would they want to? They have obviously made the commitment to hoops. Always tough IMO to come out for a sport when you are a senior irregardless of your physical abilities.

 

 

I generally agree with you, but I agree with Voice of Reason, that certain players, playing certain positions, can come back after sitting out a couple of seasons and make huge contributions to a team. Is that applicable to any of the kids that have been discussed? Who knows. But if their heart says they want to play football, they should play football. Face it, not many kids in any sport get athletic scholarships so unless they think taking time away from hoops is going to cost them an athletic scholarship, they should do what their heart tells them to do. You only get to play high school sports once. Have fun and let it rip.

I generally agree with you, but I agree with Voice of Reason, that certain players, playing certain positions, can come back after sitting out a couple of seasons and make huge contributions to a team. Is that applicable to any of the kids that have been discussed? Who knows. But if their heart says they want to play football, they should play football. Face it, not many kids in any sport get athletic scholarships so unless they think taking time away from hoops is going to cost them an athletic scholarship, they should do what their heart tells them to do. You only get to play high school sports once. Have fun and let it rip.

 

That's what its all about!:thumb:

I generally agree with you, but I agree with Voice of Reason, that certain players, playing certain positions, can come back after sitting out a couple of seasons and make huge contributions to a team. Is that applicable to any of the kids that have been discussed? Who knows. But if their heart says they want to play football, they should play football. Face it, not many kids in any sport get athletic scholarships so unless they think taking time away from hoops is going to cost them an athletic scholarship, they should do what their heart tells them to do. You only get to play high school sports once. Have fun and let it rip.

 

The more I think about it LN Grote has definitely filled out and is a tenacious defender in basketball. I could see him suiting up and playing an outstanding LB on defense. A little birdy told me he was an animal in the Jr. football league at that position. :sssh:

What about the Bruns brothers. Saw them coming out of school Friday and heard they are working out. What positions did they play on the Freshman level. Looked like pretty good size kids for Freshman.

What about the Bruns brothers. Saw them coming out of school Friday and heard they are working out. What positions did they play on the Freshman level. Looked like pretty good size kids for Freshman.

 

I know one of them is a running back...

I know one of them is a running back...

 

If one of them was a running back for the Spartans in youth football, I don't think he will be a running back for Highlands. Kids can change and grow and hard work can help. But I see him more as a DB possibility than a running back. Solid player but not a future star IMHO.

If one of them was a running back for the Spartans in youth football, I don't think he will be a running back for Highlands. Kids can change and grow and hard work can help. But I see him more as a DB possibility than a running back. Solid player but not a future star IMHO.

 

Maybe a new program can develop and bring out the best in them. Guess we will have to wait and see.

If one of them was a running back for the Spartans in youth football, I don't think he will be a running back for Highlands. Kids can change and grow and hard work can help. But I see him more as a DB possibility than a running back. Solid player but not a future star IMHO.

 

I'll take a team full of solid players any time. I did see one of the Bruns run the ball for Dixie's frosh team and he was very, very good. If he works hard and buys into the Highlands conditioning system and work ethic, he'll be a very very good player in the years to come. What position did the other Bruns play?

What about the Bruns brothers. Saw them coming out of school Friday and heard they are working out. What positions did they play on the Freshman level. Looked like pretty good size kids for Freshman.

 

I don't know their positions but I heard after the first day of workouts, one of the brothers aproached a coach and said: now I know why you win championships!

I don't know their positions but I heard after the first day of workouts, one of the brothers aproached a coach and said: now I know why you win championships!

 

The fun has just begun for those young men. Hopefully they buy in and help the Birds earn #19.

If one of them was a running back for the Spartans in youth football, I don't think he will be a running back for Highlands. Kids can change and grow and hard work can help. But I see him more as a DB possibility than a running back. Solid player but not a future star IMHO.

 

That's the wrong Bruns. The Bruns brothers played for Summit View Middle School.

If one of them was a running back for the Spartans in youth football, I don't think he will be a running back for Highlands. Kids can change and grow and hard work can help. But I see him more as a DB possibility than a running back. Solid player but not a future star IMHO.

 

Your talking about the kid that is going to Beechwood.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.