2009 Highlands

Ram

How about Jake True? Will he be a candidate to get some time at LB (or at RB) at the varsity level next year?

Very possible in my opinion. Kid has nice size and abilities. Playing time next Fall will depend a lot on how hard the kid works this Winter. Dale has shown he has no problem playing sophomores. In order for Jake to get significant playing time, he'll have to beat out some pretty talented kids though.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/b]

Be very careful of what kind of info you post on this site without knowing 100% what you are talking about. When Abner comes back healthy in 2009 he will be the backup QB. He played pretty much the 2nd half of the season with a bum knee and a broken throwing hand. The kid should of went into a cast but decided to gut it out. Siedl couldn't beat out a healthy Abner. It's not going to happen.

Guess we'll just have to wait till spring ball to see what happens here. Don't forget, New will also be fighting for this position. Could be interesting this spring in the backup QB spot. Siedl is a player. He just seems to be comfortable in that QB spot. Especially when called on in the clutch.:thumb: New was impressive as a freshman and has some JV experience. Abner has height and hoping he stays healthy. Should be interesting. This is why I love spring football.

Guess we'll just have to wait till spring ball to see what happens here. Don't forget, New will also be fighting for this position. Could be interesting this spring in the backup QB spot. Siedl is a player. He just seems to be comfortable in that QB spot. Especially when called on in the clutch.:thumb: New was impressive as a freshman and has some JV experience. Abner has height and hoping he stays healthy. Should be interesting. This is why I love spring football.

And don't forget about Towles. Nice height and a nice arm.

But I do agree with you that Seidl impressed me when he got some time this year. Tough cookie.

Hopefully all the kids can stay healthy and push one another. :thumb:

:notworthy:Whatever you say...:thumb:

And don't forget about Towles. Nice height and a nice arm.

But I do agree with you that Seidl impressed me when he got some time this year. Tough cookie.

Hopefully all the kids can stay healthy and push one another. :thumb:

He must drink a ton of cool-aid...:thumb:

[/b]

Be very careful of what kind of info you post on this site without knowing 100% what you are talking about. When Abner comes back healthy in 2009 he will be the backup QB. He played pretty much the 2nd half of the season with a bum knee and a broken throwing hand. The kid should of went into a cast but decided to gut it out. Siedl couldn't beat out a healthy Abner. It's not going to happen.

Since I don't like very much to dig up old posts because it really isn't what they say(my style). So maybe I was a little premature with saying that Abner isn't going to be beat out by another player at that position. Maybe Austin has vowed to go out and take another position on the field besides QB knowing he could be more productive than whats in place. It will indeed be interesting come spring ball to see everybody get out there and lay some wood.:thumb:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

He must drink a ton of cool-aid...:thumb:

What does that mean?

Seidl is one tough kid. I watched him fly down the field on the varsity kick off team, take on bigger blockers, get off the blocks and make the tackle.

He may not have the height one has seen of recent qb's at Highlands, but the kid flat out got it done when he was in there playing qb this past season.

As for your retraction post, that makes more sense to me. Abner may very well beating out everyone else for the qb spot. But to think it's a foregone conclusion isn't accurate. I've also heard that Abner may not even want to play qb and may switch positions to try and get on the field sooner. I just hope he stays healthy this season.

What does that mean?

Seidl is one tough kid. I watched him fly down the field on the varsity kick off team, take on bigger blockers, get off the blocks and make the tackle.

He may not have the height one has seen of recent qb's at Highlands, but the kid flat out got it done when he was in there playing qb this past season.

As for your retraction post, that makes more sense to me. Abner may very well beating out everyone else for the qb spot. But to think it's a foregone conclusion isn't accurate. I've also heard that Abner may not even want to play qb and may switch positions to try and get on the field sooner. I just hope he stays healthy this season.

Never said he wasn't....Ty does a great job running the QB position.:thumb: Whew!!!!! That was a close call. I have to watch what kind of buttons I push next time.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13