Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

Fine...:irked: Is that all you have to say....:D

Yeah that's pretty much it. HHS will be FINE next year. They have a fearless leader and that's half the battle.:thumb:

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah that's pretty much it. HHS will be FINE next year. They have a fearless leader and that's half the battle.:thumb:

 

Hey Thanks...:thumb:

Hey Thanks...:thumb:

 

That is just my opinion though. :D:D:D:D

That is just my opinion though. :D:D:D:D

 

We all have them...:D Just Play Football

I don't care what level of football being talked about (high school, college, pros), it's very important to have a solid, reliable running game. I have no doubt that the RBs for Highlands will get their fair share of opportunities to tote the rock in 2009.

It's Devin. They are both about 6'. Devin probably weighs around 190; Drake around 170. I'm sure time in the weight room will change this before next summer and fall.

 

Sorry, but the Bruns I saw at running back and sometimes quarterback for the Dixie frosh this year was rather slim. No way he went 190 or 170 for that matter.

My understanding is part of the reason they transferred to Highlands is that they are seeking a place where they can work hard, so I don't think it will be a hard sell to get them to buy in.

 

The other Bruns played on the OL, and alternated between inside LB and DT.

 

 

Just curious. Other than the obvious, playing football for a perrenial winner, they are unable to "work hard" when at Dixie? I thought working hard was something you did no matter where you were.

Just curious. Other than the obvious, playing football for a perrenial winner, they are unable to "work hard" when at Dixie? I thought working hard was something you did no matter where you were.

 

I'm sure they worked hard at Dixie. I think right now they are experiencing maybe alittle bit of difference in intensity with their workouts than maybe they would not of had at Dixie this time of year. The Mon., Wed., Fri. 60 minutes workout is kinda misleading. It's more like a 180 minute workout. Also, lets not forget that they will be experiencing their first Spring Football.

Just curious. Other than the obvious, playing football for a perrenial winner, they are unable to "work hard" when at Dixie? I thought working hard was something you did no matter where you were.

 

Change of scenery is one thing that can help anyone. Also maybe it has something to do with the motivation, or better yet the motivator to get the best from their kids on the team. I think at times in past Dixie and Highlands on paper could be comparable, even better than some of the games between HHS and Cov Cath, but because of Coach Mueller's unbelieveable ability to motivate, sometimes the results arent close.

Just curious. Other than the obvious, playing football for a perrenial winner, they are unable to "work hard" when at Dixie? I thought working hard was something you did no matter where you were.

 

I believe you answered your own question. And since this is a 2009 Highlands thread, and that subject is more appropriate for the 2009 Dixie thread, I won't discuss further on this post. If you still have questions, you can PM me.

Sorry, but the Bruns I saw at running back and sometimes quarterback for the Dixie frosh this year was rather slim. No way he went 190 or 170 for that matter.

 

OK. That is what I have heard. I know you are a Dixie follower so I'm sure you probably know more about those kids than I do.

Let's hear some talk about Highlands' linebackers for 2009.

Ya' gotta start with Big Brandon Roller in the middle! Rehab from the playoff knee injury is going well. Looking for BIG things from Brando! Travis "Alfie" Alford will need to step up. The tools are there to be an impact player. Needs to work on focus and the sky could be the limit. Another nice backer is the young Sullivan boy. He and Alford could be downright "nasty" on the inside. Maybe Brian Beck stands up and plays next year...he's a real schlobberknocker!!!

Ya' gotta start with Big Brandon Roller in the middle! Rehab from the playoff knee injury is going well. Looking for BIG things from Brando! Travis "Alfie" Alford will need to step up. The tools are there to be an impact player. Needs to work on focus and the sky could be the limit. Another nice backer is the young Sullivan boy. He and Alford could be downright "nasty" on the inside. Maybe Brian Beck stands up and plays next year...he's a real schlobberknocker!!!

Does Spencer Bankemper play LB on defense? Any chance of him being a defensive starter in 2009?

 

Also, if Will Bardo becomes the starting QB this year, will he focus exclusively on offense, or will he continue playing in the defensive backfield?

delete

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.