Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

Dude! Deer season over... HHS season over... Nothing on ESPN. What were you doing up at 3:45am?

 

 

It's always "farm season".:irked:

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2009 Highlands schedule:

 

August 21 Louisville DuPont Manual A 7:00

August 28 Ryle A 7:00

September 4 Beechwood A 7:00

September 11 Cincinnati Withrow A 7:30

September 18 Boone County H 7:00

September 25 Covington Holmes H 7:00

October 2 Dixie Heights H 7:00

October 9 Bye

October 17 Covington Catholic A 7:00

October 23 Scott H 7:00

October 30 Ryle H 7:00

November 6 1st round of playoffs

November 13 2nd round of playoffs

November 20 Regional final

November 27 State semifinal

December 4 State championship

 

It looks like a Lake House Golf trip that day. Talked to Troyboy last night about it.:dancingpa

Sorry THUNDERBIRDS but I disagree. The 1996 team wasn't UP as much as Justin Frisk was incredible. One of the greatest RB's ever. Watch that film and he is unstopable.

 

Yeah it would of sure been nice to have Justin catching a screen and padding my passing stats a little bit. Anybody else agree....:sssh:

Yeah it would of sure been nice to have Justin catching a screen and padding my passing stats a little bit. Anybody else agree....:sssh:

 

Couldn't have hurt the stats at all.:D

Other than the obvious #22, do you know of any other "qualified" QB coach that would like to spend his entire summer and fall at HHS and not get paid for his efforts? I am sure Dale would like to know of that person...:thumb:

 

Seriously, who was the last QB coach @ HHS before Valardo (sp)? I am thinking of Schrader...

 

No I don't but the obvious choice would be where I would go if I wanted to move my QBs to the next level in being prepared for games. What better way than to have someone that's "been there, done that".

 

I have heard that in the past when someone of this caliber of talent offered their services was told "Thanks, but no thanks". HHS has some resourses at their doorstep if need be and they aren't taking full advantage of them. IMO! Can't forget to put that in there.:D

I have heard that in the past when someone of this caliber of talent offered their services was told "Thanks, but no thanks". HHS has some resourses at their doorstep if need be and they aren't taking full advantage of them. IMO!:D

 

7 state championships & nine overall championship game appearances in 15 years at HHS. I love to talk football as much as the next guy, but why exactly do people still second guess him?

I don't think anyone is second guessing..Why would you not want someone who has played major college football and in the NFL help your qb's???

No one is secong guessing but the thread asks how can HHS improve and that might be able to improve them next year. At least I would hope it would help. It can't hurt I know that for a fact.

Whats the difference? 26 coaches or 27 coaches. Thats all I'm saying.

oops!

Edited by DMZ76
see below!

I don't think anyone is second guessing..Why would you not want someone who has played major college football and in the NFL help your qb's???

 

Will might learn to put on some needed pounds! :lol:

Who was Jared's qb coach in high school?

Will Bardo looks very tall to me. I know he is listed at 6'4". Is he taller than that?

Who was Jared's qb coach in high school?

 

Hal Mumme......:lol::lol::lol: I'm telling you, Jared went to Lexington before his senior year and came home with Dale's offense. Jared's QB coach in high school was Gary Schrader but it didn't matter. Gary Schrader's QB coach was the same coach that coached some pretty darn good QB's at Highlands. The coach that we are talking about imo was one of the greatest offensive minds to come through. And he just so happen to be the Head Coach of the 1975 State Championship Team.

Will might learn to put on some needed pounds! :lol:

 

That's nice....Hard to argue what Jared accomplished with what he had to work with at Kentucky. You will like this one, he was also on the only Basketball team at Highlands to make it to the State Championship. But you already knew that right....:sssh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.