2009 Highlands

Ram

tdy, I respect your opinion and you may very well be right, but then again, its kind of hard to argue that Mueller's system hasn't worked very well. Dale has his quirks and idiosyncracies no doubt some of which I don't understand and some of which I disagree with, but the guy keeps winning state championships. Maybe if he made some changes, the program would be even better, but then again, who knows?

:thumb:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

I dont really think he is saying that it hasnt worked. I think he is would liketo see Mueller add some knowledge and experience to the coaching staff in the QB area. I agree with you that Mueller knows what he is doing. But why not make the strong, stronger!!!:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

tdy, I respect your opinion and you may very well be right, but then again, its kind of hard to argue that Mueller's system hasn't worked very well. Dale has his quirks and idiosyncracies no doubt some of which I don't understand and some of which I disagree with, but the guy keeps winning state championships. Maybe if he made some changes, the program would be even better, but then again, who knows?

Absolutely the guy keeps winning state championships. No doubt about that. I think that he can improve this area of the team with a higher caliber person that is or may be available to him.

There are two guys that run the show up there. He has a number of assistants that help throughout the practices that teach the kids their techniques and assignments. But at the end of the day, we all know who has control and it well should be that way. No problem with that. Question is, does he want to give up control of that part of the team?

I think it would "improve" the overall quality of the team and players involved if Mueller was to bring in a QBs person. But like you said, who knows? And will we ever?

Wow, the H's right off the bat. Hmmm, must be slow.

Anyway, the one thing I would like to see happen is HHS get an actual QBs coach. Now I know this might burn some people the wrong way but IMO they need one. Or at least someone with some "heafty" experience at the position.

I for one got tired of seeing everyday in practice the same coach out at mid field simulate a snap back to his QB and then to watch some type of toss/catch or throw/go get or something go on. Half of the time it was a pass to a receiver that was going to get zero time in the game. This went on for at least 30 minutes every practice.

Don't get me wrong. Tony is a very good QB. He didn't get that good from the Highlands coach that tossed that ball back to him. He apparently had a Dad that knew what needed to be done and that was to go to college camp after camp over the summer to get proper instruction. With some extra expertise advise and instruction throughout the season, who knows how good Tony could have been. He was and is good but what if?

The '09 season might just see a QB as good as we have seen since Jared and Tony, especially with the receiving corps and players that will be around him on offense. We are going to see a lot of points put up this year and possibly some new records if everything works out like it should. Just would be nice if the future QB's would have some type of experienced coach to move them to the next level. No more chicken dance,rub the belly, pat the head signs. Please!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I dont really think he is saying that it hasnt worked. I think he is would liketo see Mueller add some knowledge and experience to the coaching staff in the QB area. I agree with you that Mueller knows what he is doing. But why not make the strong, stronger!!!:thumb:

Especially when the right guy to do that is sitting in your backyard. :ylsuper:

Highlands played and beat then USA Today #4 St Xavier that year. So they did have at least one big-name program on their schedule that year.:thumb:

I stand corrected about 1996. I remember that they played Saint X, but for some reason I thought Saint X was down that year... obviously not if they were nationally ranked!