Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

Never said he wasn't....Ty does a great job running the QB position.:thumb: Whew!!!!! That was a close call. I have to watch what kind of buttons I push next time.
You're playing with the nuclear codes. :cool:

Sheep Drinking Kool Aid.gif

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see the backup QB position at HHS next season to be in question. Based on comments tonight, there will be competition at that position. They'll be 3 in the mix for the position next season.

Personally, I would like to see a sophomore as the back-up quarterback next year. I always like to see a sophomore-senior combination (if possible). I like to have a quarterback start for two years. I know it is not always possible.

Personally, I would like to see a sophomore as the back-up quarterback next year. I always like to see a sophomore-senior combination (if possible). I like to have a quarterback start for two years. I know it is not always possible.

 

I personally think that you cant have enough kids who can play QB. You hate to think of injuries but they do occur and you have to have kids ready to step in. I think having Seidle, Abner, New and maybe even Towles ready to go if he has to is not a bad thing. Not in that particular order BTW.

Sorry, but the Bruns I saw at running back and sometimes quarterback for the Dixie frosh this year was rather slim. No way he went 190 or 170 for that matter.

 

OlDog...I think you and I are talking about Seth Bruns. He was the RB who played Spartans football and is apparently not one of the Bruns kids now attending HHS.

OlDog...I think you and I are talking about Seth Bruns. He was the RB who played Spartans football and is apparently not one of the Bruns kids now attending HHS.

 

You are correct sir...

I have heard some great things about DL Justin Johnson, who was new to the team in 2008. To the best of my knowledge, he only played on the defensive line in 2008. I have also heard that with a full year of Highlands' off-season training/conditioning program under his belt, this kid coule be quite a player in 2009 (his senior year).

 

With this in mind, is there any chance that we will be seeing Johnson playing some on offense this year? I know that something like three starters on the O-line are returning in 2009, but I understand the kid has some great size and natural physical ability, and the team will need to replace at least a couple of graduating O-lineman from last year's squad.

I have heard some great things about DL Justin Johnson, who was new to the team in 2008. To the best of my knowledge, he only played on the defensive line in 2008. I have also heard that with a full year of Highlands' off-season training/conditioning program under his belt, this kid coule be quite a player in 2009 (his senior year).

 

With this in mind, is there any chance that we will be seeing Johnson playing some on offense this year? I know that something like three starters on the O-line are returning in 2009, but I understand the kid has some great size and natural physical ability, and the team will need to replace at least a couple of graduating O-lineman from last year's squad.

 

 

I am sure LN will have a take on this........

I was told based on when he joined the team, moving in from Indiana and not getting eligibility because of the move until mid-season, there wasn't the opportunity to go back and get him up to speed on the blocking schemes of the offense.

With him getting a full off-season to get up to SPEED on Highlands football (He reportedly has already lost 50lbs.) he should get all sorts of opportunities going into next season.

I am sure LN will have a take on this........

I was told based on when he joined the team, moving in from Indiana and not getting eligibility because of the move until mid-season, there wasn't the opportunity to go back and get him up to speed on the blocking schemes of the offense.

With him getting a full off-season to get up to SPEED on Highlands football (He reportedly has already lost 50lbs.) he should get all sorts of opportunities going into next season.

 

What school did he come from?? Do you guys know???

I am sure LN will have a take on this........

I was told based on when he joined the team, moving in from Indiana and not getting eligibility because of the move until mid-season, there wasn't the opportunity to go back and get him up to speed on the blocking schemes of the offense.

With him getting a full off-season to get up to SPEED on Highlands football (He reportedly has already lost 50lbs.) he should get all sorts of opportunities going into next season.

 

Heck RR, I don't know. Obviously the coaches would prefer not to play any one both ways for the reasons stated by several above, but it all depends on whether enough kids step it up so that few kids have to play both ways. Just based on JJ's loss of pounds, he seems to be taking the off season conditioning very seriously.

Heck RR, I don't know. Obviously the coaches would prefer not to play any one both ways for the reasons stated by several above, but it all depends on whether enough kids step it up so that few kids have to play both ways. Just based on JJ's loss of pounds, he seems to be taking the off season conditioning very seriously.

 

I don't think they had planned to play Lumpy both ways as much as they did. I didn't think he would see the defense side of the ball much at all.

His performance on both sides of the ball made it difficult not to keep him in the game.

I don't think they had planned to play Lumpy both ways as much as they did. I didn't think he would see the defense side of the ball much at all.

His performance on both sides of the ball made it difficult not to keep him in the game.

Who the heck is Lumpy???? Poor fella! :cry:

Who the heck is Lumpy???? Poor fella! :cry:

 

Adam Dempsey: aka (Lumpy)

That nickname was tagged on him prior to going through 4 years of the "Dale Mueller Body Sculpting Regime"!

That nickname was tagged on him prior to going through 4 years of the "Dale Mueller Body Sculpting Regime"!

 

 

By DMZ no doubt. It definitely is not descriptive of him after 4 years of the "Dale Mueller Body Sculpting Regime". It will be interesting to see what 1.5 years of the "Dale Mueller Body Sculpting Regime" will do for JJ.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.