Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Highlands

Featured Replies

Does Spencer Bankemper play LB on defense? Any chance of him being a defensive starter in 2009?

 

Also, if Will Bardo becomes the starting QB this year, will he focus exclusively on offense, or will he continue playing in the defensive backfield?

 

I don't think that Bardo will play defense in addition to quarterback. Who was the last quarterback for Highlands that played both quarterback in the same year?

  • Replies 432
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think that Bardo will play defense in addition to quarterback. Who was the last quarterback for Highlands that played both quarterback in the same year?

 

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought that on occasion, Clay Cecil played some DB his senior year. I seem to recall that in the Trotwood-Madison (Herbie) game, Tony Guidugli did a lot of QB'ing with Cecil playing some defense.

 

Who will Bardo's backup QB likely be in 2009?

I forgot about Spencer! Tough kid, good speed. He'll definitely be in the mix!

Does Spencer Bankemper play LB on defense? Any chance of him being a defensive starter in 2009?

 

Also, if Will Bardo becomes the starting QB this year, will he focus exclusively on offense, or will he continue playing in the defensive backfield?

 

I would say Spencer has a great shot of starting at LBer. A super kid and very nice athlete. Unfortunately, he's been the most unlucky kid, injury wise, I think I've ever seen. If he can stay injury free this year, he'll be a very good LBer for the Birds. Spencer looked pretty good running the ball last year when he was given a chance, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him get some carries next year.

 

He gets all his talent from his mother's side and his father was a below average running back for the Birds, back in the day. :D

I don't think that Bardo will play defense in addition to quarterback. Who was the last quarterback for Highlands that played both quarterback in the same year?

 

Jeff Kremer is the 1st one that comes to mind. 1982 was the year...

I would say Spencer has a great shot of starting at LBer. A super kid and very nice athlete. Unfortunately, he's been the most unlucky kid, injury wise, I think I've ever seen. If he can stay injury free this year, he'll be a very good LBer for the Birds. Spencer looked pretty good running the ball last year when he was given a chance, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him get some carries next year.

 

He gets all his talent from his mother's side and his father was a below average running back for the Birds, back in the day. :D

:popcorn:

[/b]

:popcorn:

 

:ohbrother:

 

I like the new Smiley faces.

Oustide:

Roller

Hogue

 

Inside:

Bankemper

Alford

Compton

 

I don't see Sully or Beck moving back from the DL at this point.

Highlands is attempting to schedule a game with Simon Kenton for next season.

Highlands is attempting to schedule a game with Simon Kenton for next season.

 

I hope so. Whatever they do I just hope they don't play Ryle twice.

I would say Spencer has a great shot of starting at LBer. A super kid and very nice athlete. Unfortunately, he's been the most unlucky kid, injury wise, I think I've ever seen. If he can stay injury free this year, he'll be a very good LBer for the Birds. Spencer looked pretty good running the ball last year when he was given a chance, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit to see him get some carries next year.

 

He gets all his talent from his mother's side and his father was a below average running back for the Birds, back in the day. :D

 

I kind of liken' the father to Justin Frisk with a dose of a little more speed... he would just as rather run you over than around you... but I have been accused of being biased towards a good running attack!

Simon Kenton would take the place of Holmes on the schedule, but prospects for the game aren't real good at this time. Highlands is interested; not sure about Simon Kenton.

Does Spencer Bankemper play LB on defense? Any chance of him being a defensive starter in 2009?

 

Also, if Will Bardo becomes the starting QB this year, will he focus exclusively on offense, or will he continue playing in the defensive backfield?

 

No ifs about it. He will be the QB and you know how Dale doesn't like to play QBs on defense unless absolutely necessary. With all the extra workouts and instruction he will be getting from a professional he will be looking to impress a lot of folks. I could see him back at DB only against teams like Johnson Central that have tremendous speed but that's it. With Collinsworth and maybe Buten back and mix in Gold, Hogue and possibly Abner that is more than able if givin the chance.

 

The LB's will be very strong again next year like always. Next years team will be as strong as the starters supporting cast. Over the last two years, the underclassmen have really stepped up and I look for that to continue.

I kind of liken' the father to Justin Frisk with a dose of a little more speed... he would just as rather run you over than around you... but I have been accused of being biased towards a good running attack!

 

I thought you were a quarterback-backer??? :idunno:

Let's hear some talk about Highlands' linebackers for 2009.

 

How about Jake True? Will he be a candidate to get some time at LB (or at RB) at the varsity level next year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.