Trinity 28 St. Xavier 21

scooterbob

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at the stats. Would anyone have guessed that Tim Phillips (189 yards) would out rush the entire St. X team (156 yards) which included two (2) Mr. Football finalists in its backfield and a contender for next year? Great job o-line!

No, I would have not guessed it but I'm surely happy it happened. Tim is a very good, tough player.

Glad I was wrong about my prediction... Rocks wanted it more tonight, and once again, Beatty (as mean as he is ;)) owns Glaser in the playoffs. Good seeing some old friends tonight, too. :thumb:

Always fun to hang out with TheDeuce! :thumb:

Especially after a Trinity victory. :dancingpa

Wow! What a night!

First, I want to say I hope that Deuce will be ok. He is a formidable opponent and one I think all the Rocks have a great respect for.

I also hope that X player who was flipped in the first half is OK. I don't know the outcome of that or who he was, as I didn't catch his number. But, that was scary.

Second, great season, Tigers! A lot of pieces are there for a great season next year, and I'm sure we all look forward to it.

Next, I think that one huge difference this go around was a healthy offense. They definitely opened up the game for Tim!

The defense, once again, makes this state trip possible for us! Coach Bean and Staff deserve the greatest respect for preparing these players for this game.

The difference maker, scoring-wise, was obviously the 14 second drive at the end of the second half, resulting in Tim's ~75 yd run for a TD. The difference maker, defensively, obviously the last INT by Trinity on X's impressive march downfield.

In the end, X did just about everything right in the 2nd half to win the game. They controlled the tempo, owning the third quarter, & scored to get themselves back in the game.

In the end, there was no quit in either team, and it was a very great game to watch, if you put aside the nail-biting agony of the third quarter for the Rocks. :D

Congratulations Rocks! One more to go, and you can claim #19!

See you next week!

Glad I was wrong about my prediction... Rocks wanted it more tonight, and once again, Beatty (as mean as he is ;)) owns Glaser in the playoffs. Good seeing some old friends tonight, too. :thumb:

Keep voting against us, Deuce. :D I like our odds when you do. And exactly what do you mean by "old". :p