Who is the NFL MVP if you voted right now?

Why and how can you not understand that numbers aren't everything? More so this year than in recent memory, in the case of Favre and the Jets.

I understand and do know that numbers are not everything but I also know that if the Jets and Cardinals finish separated by 1 or 2 wins then Favre will not win.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Numbers aren't everything. Both teams are winning their divisions, and are going to make the playoffs when neither did last year. Their records are almost identical. Warner's numbers are better than Favre's in pretty much every aspect. So tell me again how Favre should be the MVP over Warner again, when we see that the intangibles are pretty much the same?

Numbers aren't everything. Both teams are winning their divisions, and are going to make the playoffs when neither did last year. Their records are almost identical. Warner's numbers are better than Favre's in pretty much every aspect. So tell me again how Favre should be the MVP over Warner again, when we see that the intangibles are pretty much the same?

They won't listen to it...Don't you know that there is no QB better than Favre, EVER!!!

What I have been arguing is that the intangibles are not the same. The tangible facts are that Kurt has better stats. The intangibles are that Brett has his team performing at a higher level than Kurt has his team performing. The intangibles are what make Favre the MVP, IMO. If it were only about stats, then give the award to the guys I mentioned earlier. Since it is not and it is about more than stats, then Favre is in the discussion.

I simply ask you this; which QB has been better against the tough competition? Look at the wins and loses for their teams against quality competition and Favre shakes out as better. Warner has great numbers and he has helped his team be better this year than last, but compare what he has done with the Cards to what Favre has done with the Jets. IMO, Brett's intangibles are superior.

Again, if anyone tries to diminish what either of these guys have done you look foolish. BOTH guys deserve to be in the discussion along with several others. Brett leads, IMO. It is okay for your opinion to be different. It doesn't mean anyone has a superior understanding of the game, or has a crush on a man, or any of that stuff. :thumb:

Albert Haynesworth. But, that's a longshot for the first defensive player to win the award in 22 years. I think it'll go to Warner.

Later.

Why Haynesworth? He has 8.5 sacks which is pretty good for a DT, but the Titans rush D isn't that great. They are 15th in rush D according to NFL.com.

When guys miss games, whether it is Jacobs or Burress, he still plays well. Giants are 10-1. I think that Eli has to be in the discussion.

:thumb: Eli has played very good this year for the most part. He's had a touchdown in every game except the opener...and he's only thrown multiple interceptions in one game thus far.