Who is the NFL MVP if you voted right now?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at their numbers....I don't think any have a chance at winning it, but then again, I don't think Favre does either.

Every single one of their teams is out of the playoffs at this moment. If it was only about numbers, I would agree. Stats, however, don't necessarily equate to value in my book.

Warner is having a fine year and deserves mention no doubt. If they lost him Leinart could probably still lead them to the playoffs, IMO. If the Jets lose Favre, they lose their season.

The same Leinart who has started in past seasons for the Cardinals and have failed to lead them anywhere....Yeah nice one!

Ok let's look at the stats:

K. Warner: 3155yards, 20TD's, 7 INT's, 105.5 passer rating, 70.9% completion.

B. Favre: 2237yards, 18TD's, 12 INT's, 93.0 passer rating, 69.8% completion.

Yeah looking at it I can see how some of you think that Favre is better than Warner..:rolleyes:

Yeah looking at it I can see how some of you think that Favre is better than Warner..:rolleyes:

:thumb:

The same Leinart who has started in past seasons for the Cardinals and have failed to lead them anywhere....Yeah nice one!

Where again has Warner led them? 8th fumble of the year today, does he lead the league in that stat as well.

Warner will not win MVP. Try again.

And has always been.

Where again has Warner led them? 8th fumble of the year today, does he lead the league in stat as well.

Warner will not win MVP. Try again.

You are the one that needs to try again, your bias for Favre is laughable and your failure to notice that Warner is the best player in the NFL thus far is ridiculous as well. Warner may not end up winning it but thus far he is the favorite and has put up the stats to prove it. Your boy, Favre, has thrown for almost 1000 less yards than Warner and has 4 more INT's, and he also has 5 fumbles on the year. So you may want to check some stats and do a little research before you start praising Favre as the MVP of the league and saying he has done more than Warner because as of now that is 100% completely false.

You forgot one stat:

Jets- 8 wins and 3 loses

Cards- 7 wins and 4 loses

By the way, these two teams played each other. Check the stats. One guy had 6 TD and the other had 3 picks. I'll let you figure out which guy had which.

Whenever we try to bash one of these guys we only end up looking foolish. They are BOTH having great years and BOTH deserve MVP consideration. :thumb:

You forgot one stat:

Jets- 8 wins and 3 loses

Cards- 7 wins and 4 loses

By the way, these two teams played each other. Check the stats. One guy had 6 TD and the other had 3 picks. I'll let you figure out which guy had which.

Whenever we try to bash one of these guys we only end up looking foolish. They are BOTH having great years and BOTH deserve MVP consideration. :thumb:

Ok? Trying to use a head to head matchup for MVP credentials is a joke. Yeah Warner had 3 picks so what...I seem to remember Favre having a game in which he threw for 3 INT's as well. So try again!

Warner has thrown at least 1 TD every game this season, Favre has not. Favre has thrown at least 2 INT's in 4 games this season.

Favre has had a great career and is better than Warner overall but Favre is nowhere close to touching Warner this season and it's time everyone realizes that!

Ok? Trying to use a head to head matchup for MVP credentials is a joke. Yeah Warner had 3 picks so what...I seem to remember Favre having a game in which he threw for 3 INT's as well. So try again!

Warner has thrown at least 1 TD every game this season, Favre has not. Favre has thrown at least 2 INT's in 4 games this season.

Favre has had a great career and is better than Warner overall but Favre is nowhere close to touching Warner this season and it's time everyone realizes that!

The head to head was simply to point out that when Brett plays against top teams, he leads his team to victory. Check out what he did against the Pats and Titans as well.

Where is the signature win for Warner this year? Where is his MVP moment? What he has going for him are those numbers you mentioned. I get that. However, to act like Brett Favre doesn't deserve to be in an MVP discussion with Warner is simply naive. If you have a bias against Favre, fine, but don't let it cloud what is happening on the field.

If you solely measure value by stats, then fine. However, Drew Brees has comparible numbers and I don't see you touting him as MVP. The award is about value to your team and, IMO, Brett is more valuable to his team this year than Kurt.

The head to head was simply to point out that when Brett plays against top teams, he leads his team to victory. Check out what he did against the Pats and Titans as well.

Where is the signature win for Warner this year? Where is his MVP moment? What he has going for him are those numbers you mentioned. I get that. However, to act like Brett Favre doesn't deserve to be in an MVP discussion with Warner is simply naive. If you have a bias against Favre, fine, but don't let it cloud what is happening on the field.

If you solely measure value by stats, then fine. However, Drew Brees has comparible numbers and I don't see you touting him as MVP. The award is about value to your team and, IMO, Brett is more valuable to his team this year than Kurt.

See this is where you're missing what the MVP is counted by...It's not counted by quality wins, it's counted by stats...Whether it's fair or not is to be judged later on but it's true..

Based on Stats I would say that Favre is not even in the top 5 of MVP considerations. BUT some will consider him based on what he has done for the Jets. HOWEVER, the Jets have been in the playoffs recently whereas the Cardinals have not so what Warner has done will prove more significant since many thought he was done after losing his starting job with the Rams, and being a backup to Eli, and Leinart. So if you wanna try and give stories as to why Favre is better then you can try but it won't work. I never said Favre wasn't considered at all BUT he is not the favorite at this point and anyone that says otherwise probably doesn't have much NFL credibility anyway.

You are the one that needs to try again, your bias for Favre is laughable and your failure to notice that Warner is the best player in the NFL thus far is ridiculous as well. Warner may not end up winning it but thus far he is the favorite and has put up the stats to prove it. Your boy, Favre, has thrown for almost 1000 less yards than Warner and has 4 more INT's, and he also has 5 fumbles on the year. So you may want to check some stats and do a little research before you start praising Favre as the MVP of the league and saying he has done more than Warner because as of now that is 100% completely false.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but warner will not win MVP. Playing in the worse division in football has helped him a little this year, but in big games he really hasn't stepped up. Today was just another example, G-men come to town and he can't get it done. Hopefully after they lose to Philly next weekend, all this silly Warner for mvp talk will stop.