Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who is the NFL MVP if you voted right now?

Featured Replies

Sorry to burst your bubble, but warner will not win MVP. Playing in the worse division in football has helped him a little this year, but in big games he really hasn't stepped up. Today was just another example, G-men come to town and he can't get it done. Hopefully after they lose to Philly next weekend, all this silly Warner for mvp talk will stop.

 

It may be put to an end but the Favre for MVP talk never started so I guess we'll be ok then!

  • Replies 115
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
See this is where you're missing what the MVP is counted by...It's not counted by quality wins, it's counted by stats...Whether it's fair or not is to be judged later on but it's true..

 

Based on Stats I would say that Favre is not even in the top 5 of MVP considerations. BUT some will consider him based on what he has done for the Jets. HOWEVER, the Jets have been in the playoffs recently whereas the Cardinals have not so what Warner has done will prove more significant since many thought he was done after losing his starting job with the Rams, and being a backup to Eli, and Leinart. So if you wanna try and give stories as to why Favre is better then you can try but it won't work. I never said Favre wasn't considered at all BUT he is not the favorite at this point and anyone that says otherwise probably doesn't have much NFL credibility anyway.

 

I guess this would be a legitimate arguement...if Kurt Warner actually led the league in any of the stats you hold so dear. He doesn't. Brees leads the league in yards. Rivers leads the league in TD's (he's actually tied with Warner, to be fair) and passer rating. There are a ton of starters that throw fewer interceptions. Something ELSE must be a part of the discussion. Why did Warner's name even come up as a part of the MVP discussion if it wasn't for the Cards winning?

 

Favre and Warner BOTH deserve mention and BOTH are leading candidates to win the award. You are more than welcome to continue to attack my credibility or knowledge of the game. That's fine. I just want to understand what is meant then by value. If value doesn't come from winning games while putting up numbers then I stand corrected. I think Favre has done a better job of winning games while putting up numbers than Warner. :thumb:

  • Author

Correction...Rivers has more TDs than Warner. They are not tied.

It may be put to an end but the Favre for MVP talk never started so I guess we'll be ok then!

 

 

Picking up steam and being in New York only helps his chances. There are plenty of guys who could win MVP this year. There isn't one player who is a run away winner at this point in the season. Not saying they will, but the Jets could very well run the table the rest of the way, and if they do that and finish 13-3 or even lose one and finish 12-4 the writers will choose Favre.

 

The question was asked: Who do you think the MVP is as of right now? Based on what I've seen this year, it is Favre. And if you don't believe there's more than numbers that will go into the voters choice, your wrong.

I guess this would be a legitimate arguement...if Kurt Warner actually led the league in any of the stats you hold so dear. He doesn't. Brees leads the league in yards. Rivers leads the league in TD's (he's actually tied with Warner, to be fair) and passer rating. There are a ton of starters that throw fewer interceptions. Something ELSE must be a part of the discussion. Why did Warner's name even come up as a part of the MVP discussion if it wasn't for the Cards winning?

 

Favre and Warner BOTH deserve mention and BOTH are leading candidates to win the award. You are more than welcome to continue to attack my credibility or knowledge of the game. That's fine. I just want to understand what is meant then by value. If value doesn't come from winning games while putting up numbers then I stand corrected. I think Favre has done a better job of winning games while putting up numbers than Warner. :thumb:

 

Ok, I never said that Warner was leading the league in any category just simply showing his stats are superior to that of Favre's.

 

 

 

Picking up steam and being in New York only helps his chances. There are plenty of guys who could win MVP this year. There isn't one player who is a run away winner at this point in the season. Not saying they will, but the Jets could very well run the table the rest of the way, and if they do that and finish 13-3 or even lose one and finish 12-4 the writers will choose Favre.

 

The question was asked: Who do you think the MVP is as of right now? Based on what I've seen this year, it is Favre. And if you don't believe there's more than numbers that will go into the voters choice, your wrong.

 

I agree that there is no clear cut favorite for the MVP this far into the season, and that adds a lot more excitement. There is still a lot of football left and anything could happen. It does help Favre that he plays in New York and the Jets are riding a win streak but he needs to put up a lot better numbers if he is going to have a chance winning it IMO.

  • Author
Ok, I never said that Warner was leading the league in any category just simply showing his stats are superior to that of Favre's.

 

You mentioned how important stats were. I am simply asking if they are so important, how come the leaders aren't being mentioned for MVP? The MVP has never been 100% about stats. Stats play a part, as does winning. That is why the leaders are not getting MVP hype. Warner is getting hyped because of the combination of his playing well (those stats) and the fact that the Cards are winning. It is the same with Favre. He is putting up great number while helping his team win.

 

IMO, Favre is the MVP right now. Warner is in the discussion along with Eli, Albert Haynesworth, maybe a Michael Turner or even a Tony Romo or Clinton Portis (bigblue talked me into this one) if their teams can make the playoffs.

If Rivers leads his team to the playoffs I think he should be in the same talk as Farve and Warner. He is leading the NFL in TD passes.

You mentioned how important stats were. I am simply asking if they are so important, how come the leaders aren't being mentioned for MVP? The MVP has never been 100% about stats. Stats play a part, as does winning. That is why the leaders are not getting MVP hype. Warner is getting hyped because of the combination of his playing well (those stats) and the fact that the Cards are winning. It is the same with Favre. He is putting up great number while helping his team win.

 

IMO, Favre is the MVP right now. Warner is in the discussion along with Eli, Albert Haynesworth, maybe a Michael Turner or even a Tony Romo or Clinton Portis (bigblue talked me into this one) if their teams can make the playoffs.

 

Simply tell me how Favre is MVP over all of the other QB's?

 

Favre:

 

Passer rating: 6th

INT'S: 33rd (12 INT's, most in NFL)

Yards: 9th ( Chad Pennington is 7th)

Completion %: 2nd (only behind Warner)

TD's: 4th

YPA: 14th

Completions: 6th

Attempts: 9th

 

 

Now, I'm tired of comparing him to other QB's this season but fact of the matter is Favre is not MVP thus far in the season. Warner may not be either but he is in a lot better shape for MVP than Favre. And another fact, is if you're not top 5 in the league in yards your not going to be MVP.

Warner is putting up huge numbers and should improve his team that went 8-8 last year.

 

Farve's numbers are not in the same class as Warner, but he has his team at 8-3 that went 4-12 last year.

 

Up until today I would have voted for Warner. I think with knocking off the undefeated Titans and leading his division I would pick Farve. If Cards would have knocked off the Giants, then Warner would still be in the lead...imo

Warner is putting up huge numbers and should improve his team that went 8-8 last year.

 

Farve's numbers are not in the same class as Warner, but he has his team at 8-3 that went 4-12 last year.

 

Up until today I would have voted for Warner. I think with knocking off the undefeated Titans and leading his division I would pick Farve. If Cards would have knocked off the Giants, then Warner would still be in the lead...imo

 

I guess we'll just wait and see...If Favre is MVP then I'll be glad to eat crow but I highly doubt that'll be the case.

But since someone did ask who Warner has beaten this year, the Cards beat the Bills when they were 4-0 and they beat the Cowboys when they were 4-1.

But since someone did ask who Warner has beaten this year, the Cards beat the Bills when they were 4-0 and they beat the Cowboys when they were 4-1.

 

I am not anti-Warner, but wins are apart of the MVP equation.

I am not anti-Warner, but wins are apart of the MVP equation.

 

More so than stats? Say the season was to end today, you're saying that since the Jets have 1 more win that Favre is MVP even though he has the most INT's in the league, not even top 5 in yards, and is over 1000yards behind the leader? Highly unlikely.

More so than stats? Say the season was to end today, you're saying that since the Jets have 1 more win that Favre is MVP even though he has the most INT's in the league, not even top 5 in yards, and is over 1000yards behind the leader? Highly unlikely.

 

 

Why and how can you not understand that numbers aren't everything? More so this year than in recent memory, in the case of Favre and the Jets.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.