Remembering your 1st post

GrizzlyAdams

I don't remember exactly what it was, but I registered the night after Trinity won the 2001 4A championship so that I could talk about the game. At the time, it was Trinity's first state title since 1994; we've captured 5 of 6 since then. It seems like a lifetime ago.

I remember. I was taking up for someone who was being viciously and unfairly maligned.

I stayed around 611 posts later because it is a great board.:thumb:

612 now, and we thank you for your participation.

That's why I stayed around. There is a boatload of boards out there. I have yet to see a single one that has the combination of a variety of topics, well-informed members, family-friendly atmosphere, etc. - all ingredients that go into a first-class product.

I know that some folks don't like to be ticketed by what they might consider "the spelling police". Nit-picking, some would say. But that is one part of continuing to ensure that BGP remains a quality product. The rules are in place for good reasons, and we mods stay pretty daggone busy trying to make sure that the rules are followed (not looking for applause, just noting that a lot of work goes into maintaining the quality of the site).

On the one hand, I am amazed and impressed with the number of new members that this board attracts. Take a look at the "Who's Online" feature every once in a while, and you will often note that there are nearly as many guests as members. But then I take a look at the product that we have, and I'm not so surprised.

It is a great board.

612 now, and we thank you for your participation.

That's why I stayed around. There is a boatload of boards out there. I have yet to see a single one that has the combination of a variety of topics, well-informed members, family-friendly atmosphere, etc. - all ingredients that go into a first-class product.

I know that some folks don't like to be ticketed by what they might consider "the spelling police". Nit-picking, some would say. But that is one part of continuing to ensure that BGP remains a quality product. The rules are in place for good reasons, and we mods stay pretty daggone busy trying to make sure that the rules are followed (not looking for applause, just noting that a lot of work goes into maintaining the quality of the site).

On the one hand, I am amazed and impressed with the number of new members that this board attracts. Take a look at the "Who's Online" feature every once in a while, and you will often note that there are nearly as many guests as members. But then I take a look at the product that we have, and I'm not so surprised.

It is a great board.

:thumb: I posted on a few other board before I joined BGP and they are unbearable in comparison. I think the moderation of threads here keeps the discussion lively and intelligent. On other boards it takes one or two posts in a thread to send it into a personal attack free for all. And I'm not aware of any dedicated political forums that can hold a candle to P&R.