NY Giants 26 Bengals 23 OT

Nonnac

Maybe, but they sure have looked like the worst, I can't think of any team that much below them right now.

You do realize that the three teams the Bengals have played this year. None of them have lost a game yet...

The Bengals right now are not good, but they really are not that bad either. The Rams and the Chiefs now those are two TERRIBLE teams.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I root for the Packers when they aren't playing the Giants, simply because my cousin is a big Packers fan. However, they are not my 2nd favorite team. If they are playing the Giants or if a win for them somehow affects the Giants...I want them to lose.

Same for me. I rooted for the Seahawks when Alexander was there. G-Men with Lorenzen. I always liked Philly, not sure why, maybe goes back to the Bergey days. Oakland, The mad bomber was my favorite QB when I was young. But I don't really follow these teams as if they were my 2nd favorite.

On sports talk last night, Lapham said in the last 19 regular season games, the Bengals had 23 sacks and the Giants had 66 sacks. With incompletions, that means they had anywhere 25 to 30 plays to make big plays and first downs. That is why they won the Superbowl and the Bengals are in the toilet bowl!!!!!!:cry::madman::cry::madman::cry::madman:

You do realize that the three teams the Bengals have played this year. None of them have lost a game yet...

The Bengals right now are not good, but they really are not that bad either. The Rams and the Chiefs now those are two TERRIBLE teams.

The Bengals looked terrible vs. Baltimore. They looked better vs. Tennessee, especially in the first half. And, they looked like a good football team against the Giants. The Bengals are nowhere near as bad as KC and St. Louis and they're better than a few other teams...unfortunately, they've dug themselves a hole that they probably can't get out of considering how tough their schedule is. They couldn't afford not to win one of the first three...having to play the two toughest divisions in the NFL (NFC East, AFC South) leaves little room for error. If they'd shown up in Week One and sealed the deal last week, Cincy could be 2-1 and tied for the division lead. It just shows the thin line that sometimes separates playoff teams from bottom feeders...good teams know how to win games.

Look at the Bears and Chargers...both of those teams could, and some would argue should, be 3-0. Instead, they're 1-2.

In the last two weeks, they've faced two of the best defenses in football, and they faced arguably the best D-line in the league against Tennessee. They need to do a better job protecting Palmer, but the good news is they have been generating a solid running game. They're probably not going to face a defensive line as good as either of the last two opponents, so I expect the protection of Palmer and the running game to improve.

The Bengals looked terrible vs. Baltimore. They looked better vs. Tennessee, especially in the first half. And, they looked like a good football team against the Giants. The Bengals are nowhere near as bad as KC and St. Louis and they're better than a few other teams...unfortunately, they've dug themselves a hole that they probably can't get out of considering how tough their schedule is. They couldn't afford not to win one of the first three...having to play the two toughest divisions in the NFL (NFC East, AFC South) leaves little room for error. If they'd shown up in Week One and sealed the deal last week, Cincy could be 2-1 and tied for the division lead. It just shows the thin line that sometimes separates playoff teams from bottom feeders...good teams know how to win games.

Look at the Bears and Chargers...both of those teams could, and some would argue should, be 3-0. Instead, they're 1-2.

Very good points here.

In the last two weeks, they've faced two of the best defenses in football, and they faced arguably the best D-line in the league against Tennessee. They need to do a better job protecting Palmer, but the good news is they have been generating a solid running game. They're probably not going to face a defensive line as good as either of the last two opponents, so I expect the protection of Palmer and the running game to improve.

I'd say Tennessee, Philly, and the G-Men have the 3 best d-lines in the NFL. Imagine if the Giants had Umenyiora still...:irked:

In the first week the probably played the most confusing defense in the NFL in Baltimore. I really actually look for this team to put a nice winning streak together sometime during the season. However as you had said, they probably have dug themselves to deep of a hole now.

In the first week the probably played the most confusing defense in the NFL in Baltimore. I really actually look for this team to put a nice winning streak together sometime during the season. However as you had said, they probably have dug themselves to deep of a hole now.

I didn't mention Week One because I don't care if the Bengals were playing the All-Madden Defense, there was no excuse for that performance. But, when they're healthy and on their game, Baltimore's defense is still very, very good. They're getting older and not as good as they once were, but still capable of great football.

I just really wish the Bengals would fire Bob Bratkowski today, and just promote the QB coach Ken Zampeski or whatever his name is to offensive coordinator. This offense really has just became to predictable, and IMO a change in play calling just in different situations would really help.

Three weeks in there are several teams that haven't lost a game, that doesn't mean they will all make the playoffs.

:confused:

What's so hard to understand? I actually like several NFL teams as well as several college teams.

I, for one, just don't really want any team to win except for the Bengals, unless it benefits my team. I just see it as not being a true fan of a team if you have multiple favorite teams in one league.