September 22, 200818 yr Yea but this is the first year I believe that someone from the defensive side of the ball has had that technology. Heads up play either way. You could tell he was ticked though, turned to the sidelines and started yelling imediately.:mad: It was a rookie who ran off the field. I'd say that rookie will get a little extra hazing this week :lol:.
September 22, 200818 yr What was Bratkowski thinking in OT? We manage to stop them and get the ball back, only to run seemingly the exact run play twice in a row, making it 3rd and 14. We passed successfully just about the entire game, why go conservative once we have a chance to win? And I absolutely agree with Levi. It makes me sick watching him.
September 22, 200818 yr What was Bratkowski thinking in OT? We manage to stop them and get the ball back, only to run seemingly the exact run play twice in a row, making it 3rd and 14. We passed successfully just about the entire game, why go conservative once we have a chance to win? And I absolutely agree with Levi. It makes me sick watching him. Welcome to the board Long Season :thumb: Whether intentional or not, the numbers after your name do explain the current feelings of Bengals and Reds fans. :lol:
September 22, 200818 yr The Bengals' inability to put together a decent pass rush game after game, season after season, decade after decade is absolutely staggering. . Bring back Coy Bacon!!!!!!!!
September 22, 200818 yr It was a rookie who ran off the field. I'd say that rookie will get a little extra hazing this week :lol:. Indeed, was it Pierce I think that's the team captain on D for NYG? Can't remember his name, if that who it was and I'm remembering his name right, he was impressive.
September 22, 200818 yr Well thats why their the Bengals. The good teams play to try to win the game, while the Bengals play just not to screw up. The play calling in overtime was just horrible. I think the Giants ran the ball just once in overtime and that was just before they kicked the field goal. The Giants played aggressive and were trying to win. While the Bengals decide to lets run the ball two straight down. Even though we have got a touchdown and a field goal the last two drives before overtime by just passing the ball the whole time. Marvin Lewis is not going to be fired during the middle of the season, but Bob Bratkowski should be fired today. Its just not what happened in overtime that makes me want him gone. I see so many more teams in the NFL with no where near the talent on offense as the Bengals, yet there offense looks so much better than ours and no where near as predictable.
September 22, 200818 yr :thumb: I like Cris Collinsworth on NBC last night...they asked him about the Bengals and he said he was going to take a little time before answering, because apparently in Cincinnati you wait 14 seconds before going to work... There's nothing in the NFL that frustrates me worse than bad clock management. They wasted an opportunity to win a huge game on the road against the defending Super Bowl Champions because they wasted 20+ seconds with a TO in their pocket, only to kick a FG from inside the 5. And, I agree with ScarHeel...I think going for the W is the right call in that situation. The thing that gets me the worst is that Palmer admitted that they were going to spike it to stop the clock, but he saw something he thought might work. Wasn't it 3rd down? If they clock it wouldn't it have amde it 4th down?
September 22, 200818 yr The thing that gets me the worst is that Palmer admitted that they were going to spike it to stop the clock, but he saw something he thought might work. Wasn't it 3rd down? If they clock it wouldn't it have amde it 4th down? I think we have learned that Palmer really isn't going to say to the public that he disagrees with a call the coaches make. I mean him saying he agrees with the two running plays in overtime, shows he won't go public to disagree with them. But him being a QB and having a great game actually, you have to know that he probably really thought throwing the ball would be better. I think as someone said earlier Marvin and coaches were signaling to spike it, and then Palmer realized that it would have made it 4th down. So that is why he changed play at last minute.
September 22, 200818 yr Bring back Coy Bacon!!!!!!!! Met him at a church event, he has to be the biggest man in the world.
September 22, 200818 yr The thing that gets me the worst is that Palmer admitted that they were going to spike it to stop the clock, but he saw something he thought might work. Wasn't it 3rd down? If they clock it wouldn't it have amde it 4th down? It was 3rd down, so it would have been extra, extra stupid to spike it. Take the time out, you still have plenty of time. You don't get it on 3rd down, you take the field goal. They get the first down, they spike it and have several shots in the end zone. Hindsight is always 20/20 in sports, BUT it's pretty sad when everyone knew what the right decision was at the time, EXCEPT for the Bengals. :lol:
September 22, 200818 yr Indeed, was it Pierce I think that's the team captain on D for NYG? Can't remember his name, if that who it was and I'm remembering his name right, he was impressive. Antonio Pierce is a team captain for the Giants and their middle linebacker. Fred Robbins is also a team captain, he is a defensive tackle. He had 3 sacks against the Bengals.
September 22, 200818 yr Do we draft a quarterback or running back with the number 1 pick in April ?:laugh:
September 23, 200818 yr How in the world does the worst team in football almost beat the Giants at home and in overtime? :creepy:
September 23, 200818 yr How in the world does the worst team in football almost beat the Giants at home and in overtime? :creepy: Any given Sunday:thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.