NY Giants 26 Bengals 23 OT

Nonnac

The Bengals put up a great effort. I knew the Giants would do their best to blow the game.

Carson Palmer played great IMO...he took some hits and still stood in there and made good passes against the blitz. If Eli wasn't so clutch...the Bengals might have gotten their first win of the season.

How many things did you trow during that gam? :lol:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why they didn't just call time out is beyond me. Instead of a possible 2 or 3 shots in the end zone, they don't get any. We aren't talking about a rookie head coach and an unknown quarterback either, BUT it's the Bengals, we expect things like this to happen. :lol:

I think Tomlin has been getting end of game advice from Marvin. He blew his opportunity yesterday too. They didn't have as good of an opportunity, but when you need a FG and a TD to win and you go for it on 4th and 11 after a sack you shouldn't be allowed coaching in the NFL any more. Marvin should be fired today for not calling a TO before the 3rd down play.

Could the Bengals O-Line block the Bengals D-Line? I think that would probably be a stalemate.

I wonder if the D-Line can get to Pittsburgh's QB? This week will be interseting too b/c Cleveland doesn't put a ton of pressure on the opposing QB's.

Not defending Levi Jones by any stretch, but one of the sacks, he was supposed to get outside help from Coates and Coates went inside instead. The line is horrible and I'm not a fan of Coates at all. He should've caught the ball in the endzone.

I agree about Coates. I realize Utecht is out, but isn't there a better option there than Coates? Did Holt see one snap on O?

Levi "Lookout" Jones is the worst LT in the league.

But he is also one of the best paid which makes him all the more terrible IMO. I thought they should have maybe went for the score but if they had and not made it everyone would be killing them for not kicking the fg.Terrible play calling in the ot.They had been pretty agressive on first down all day and then go in a shell in ot.Palmer said in the paper he had no problem with the calls since they had been getting 4 yds per run all day long.:rolleyes:

But he is also one of the best paid which makes him all the more terrible IMO. I thought they should have maybe went for the score but if they had and not made it everyone would be killing them for not kicking the fg.Terrible play calling in the ot.They had been pretty agressive on first down all day and then go in a shell in ot.Palmer said in the paper he had no problem with the calls since they had been getting 4 yds per run all day long.:rolleyes:

Both Tackles are grossly overpaid. It's the Bengal way. Draft em too early. Pay em too much.

I was watching the game with some people, and they could've sworn they saw Marvin on the sideline telling Palmer to spike the ball on 3rd down at the end....Palmer looked over and it looked like he put up 3 fingers to tell Marvin it was 3rd down. They wasted I believe 24 seconds on that one play alone. Absolutely terrible.