NY Giants 26 Bengals 23 OT

Nonnac

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvin has struggled with game management since day one. How about CP take the bull by the horns and call the timeout? Any one notice Giants middle backer intentionally take an encroachment penalty when he realized they only had 10 on the field? Very headsup play.

That was a headsup play. I don't know that he noticed, as much as he was told. He had the green sticker on the back of his helmet. Which means he's the only defensive player on the field with a headset in his helmet.

That was a headsup play. I don't know that he noticed, as much as he was told. He had the green sticker on the back of his helmet. Which means he's the only defensive player on the field with a headset in his helmet.

Do they keep the helmet radio's on once the play starts?

Marvin has struggled with game management since day one. How about CP take the bull by the horns and call the timeout? Any one notice Giants middle backer intentionally take an encroachment penalty when he realized they only had 10 on the field? Very headsup play.

Pierce, while not the most talented linebacker in the NFL, is very very smart.

And the QB (Palmer) has that same device in his helmet. So the Giants use the technology to make a smart decision, Bengals do not. Pitiful

And the QB (Palmer) has that same device in his helmet. So the Giants use the technology to make a smart decision, Bengals do not. Pitiful

Yea but this is the first year I believe that someone from the defensive side of the ball has had that technology. Heads up play either way. You could tell he was ticked though, turned to the sidelines and started yelling imediately.:mad:

The Bengals' inability to put together a decent pass rush game after game, season after season, decade after decade is absolutely staggering. The have a respectible (not good, but not terrible) defensive backfield, but you simply can't ask DB's to cover WR's for 5-6 seconds on every pass play. They can't pressure the QB even when they blitz. It's all the more frustrating when you watch a game like Philly v. Pittsburgh when the Eagles' rush was pounding Roethlesberger and you see what a good pass rush should look like.

Nice clock management in the final minute of regulation.

:thumb:

I like Cris Collinsworth on NBC last night...they asked him about the Bengals and he said he was going to take a little time before answering, because apparently in Cincinnati you wait 14 seconds before going to work...

There's nothing in the NFL that frustrates me worse than bad clock management. They wasted an opportunity to win a huge game on the road against the defending Super Bowl Champions because they wasted 20+ seconds with a TO in their pocket, only to kick a FG from inside the 5.

And, I agree with ScarHeel...I think going for the W is the right call in that situation.