Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Free Bird21

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Free Bird21

  1. EKY refs strike again. The question is will this ever stop for visiting teams? Will they ever get a fair shot on the road? I've seen and heard of so many of these instances. It's a shame the kids can't decide the outcome of games in this region of the state.
  2. In no way did I bash the coach, I simply stated the facts of what has happened over the last few years. If you can't see what has been going at NL for years now is a problem then I really don't know what to tell you. I hope this team turns it around, but the fact is Abbott hasn't gave us any reason to beleive that the tream will turn it around or that he'll be back next season. That's the bottom line.
  3. The North Laurel downward spiral continues. How much longer can the administration sit back and watch this program be ran into the ground? NL does have young talent, but it never develops at the high school level, which has been the problem there for about the past 5 years.
  4. I agree, bad officiating is a part of the game, as I said in my previous post. But in this particular game, it was lopsided. It might not have been in the Boone Co. game, I don't know I wasn't there. Central plays in the toughest region in the state, I would hope Corbin would have a better season than them. Corbin is a good team and head and shoulders above anyone in the 13th, especially when Crawford returns, but the 11th region is a totally different animal. I'm just stating what I and many other non-biased fans saw and that was a severely lopsided officiated game in Corbin's favor.
  5. Madison Central was the best team in the Tournament. They officiating was very one sided and frankly, laughable. To say differently is just wrong. I know refs have a thankless job and all that stuff, but it's there job to do it right and to let the kids decide the outcome of the game. I'm neither a Corbin or a Madison Central fan and I could easily tell a difference. The North Laurel-Rock game was the same way. 13th Region refs take care of their own a suppose.
  6. McWhorter from North Laurel, hands down the best job this year.
  7. I can honestly say that I saw 3 of the best days of baseball at this tournament that I've ever seen in my life. Congrats to North for the first regional championship in school history, no one gave them a chance and they showed alot of heart winning tonight.
  8. 103.9 FM or 1400 AM out of London should have the game.
  9. South BIG. Like Les said, how is Cumberland going to get the ball up the floor?
  10. It's South Laurel, not Laurel Co.
  11. Great job by Conway to get these kids playing the way that they have as of late. He'll be back. Good to see NL get out with a big win.
  12. Typical Steve Wright coached club, peaking at the middle-to end Feb. and playing the best ball in March. Every year it's the same story, South comes on strong in March.
  13. Good to see North snap the streak. I hope they don't give up on the season and make a run in the region.
  14. That's a ridiculous and truly biased statement. Let the teams play it out. It may be the same match up, but atleast the teams earned it.
  15. I agree, don't like alot of his stuff.
  16. I disagree, taking the All A schools out is basicly like having a class system like every other state just for 1A schools. Every school having a chance to win the state championship is what makes Kentucky high school basketball so special. However, I do notice a difference in play from 1A teams after the All A than before. Most 1A schools seem to put all of their preparation and efforts in winning the All A and are emotionally and physically drained for the real big dance will everyone else.
  17. Gilbert could be a MR. Basketball candidate before its all said and done.
  18. South loses ALOT. Tye Proffit (Notre Dame signee), Trey Smith (Morehead St. baseball signee), and Jordan Hammonds just to name a few. These three make up SL this year, but I'm sure Wright will have something cooked up for next year.
  19. South Laurel has to be the favorite, but there are many dark horses in the 13th.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.