Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel 91 Boyle County 61

Featured Replies

The Cards led by as many as 40 in this game.

This is the best I've seen South play the entire season. Hammonds was unstoppable in the third quarter, he finished with 26 points.

Suprising to say the least. I thought Boyle would keep it competitive. They must have had an off night along with South's great night.

Not a good sign for the rest of the 13th region. Cards know when it is time to play for keeps and their coaches know the right buttons to push. South seems to want to continue their dominance of the 13th region for at least the rest of this season. But in the back of my mind I recall Barbourville giving them fits last season in the region so anything can happen.

  • Author
Suprising to say the least. I thought Boyle would keep it competitive. They must have had an off night along with South's great night.

 

 

 

Nope, you're wrong on this one. I believe the reason Boyle had an off night was because of the Cardinals SOLID defensive play. The Rebels didn't even have an assist in the first half.

When South is on, the Cards are hard to beat.

How can I be wrong? If you don't have an assist, you had an off night, whether the defense of the other team caused that or not. There is no way that I am "wrong." The way you explained it, I am actually right.

 

Nope, you're wrong on this one. I believe the reason Boyle had an off night...

 

So, therefore, they did have an off night.

I agree Les, when South is playing well they are the BIG RED MACHINE. I liked the Pick your Poisen Poster. Do you have any of those autographed by the Big 3?

  • Author
How can I be wrong? If you don't have an assist, you had an off night, whether the defense of the other team caused that or not. There is no way that I am "wrong."

 

 

Ummm, were you there at the game?

Anyway, I just stated my opinion and that's da way I feel:D

  • Author
I agree Les, when South is playing well they are the BIG RED MACHINE. I liked the Pick your Poisen Poster. Do you have any of those autographed by the Big 3?

 

 

 

No, I don't have any of their autographs, BUT I can autograph one and it will worth a whole 50 cents:ylsuper:

Ummm, were you there at the game?

Anyway, I just stated my opinion and that's da way I feel:D

 

I'm not trying to be "smart" about this, but does it matter if I was at the game? You commented that they had an off night because of South's defense. I said that Boyle had an off night and you said that I was wrong. How am I wrong? I never said that Boyle lost the game because of themselves. Les, you make absolutely no sense, whatsoever.

You're both correct, not having an assist can be attributed to defense, playing passing lanes and ball pressure.

 

At the same time, not making the extra pass, reversing the ball and lack of dribble penetration, will also limit assists.

  • Author
I'm not trying to be "smart" about this, but does it matter if I was at the game? You commented that they had an off night because of South's defense. I said that Boyle had an off night and you said that I was wrong. How am I wrong? I never said that Boyle lost the game because of themselves. Les, you make absolutely no sense, whatsoever.

 

 

 

Umm, OK, you win. Geez oh Don:sleep:

You're both correct, not having an assist can be attributed to defense, playing passing lanes and ball pressure.

 

At the same time, not making the extra pass, reversing the ball and lack of dribble penetration, will also limit assists.

 

Good comments, Strike! :ylsuper:

  • Author

geez oh pete is what I meant.

South is so big and strong they can really mess you up spacing and getting into the passing lanes. I like their lineup with Bortnam and Hamm along with the big 3. I think that is their best defensive team. Of course the Legend and Coach Wright see them each day in practice and I do not. St. John will be the next in a great line of big men for South. Steele through Allen......plus Fields, Day, etc....heck all the way back to Darrin Hale.

  • Author

I agree with you about St. John ... he played great today ...7 points, two blocked shots and did a good job against perrin - he only had 12 points.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.