Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

49th District Draw

Featured Replies

North Laurel will play Jackson County in the first round and the winner gets Red Bird

 

Clay and OBI will meet in the semi's and the winner advances to the district finals.

 

Good first round match-up between North and Jackson.

Dates and times? Where is the tournament played this season?

  • Author

Tournament is at Clay High ...

Did they get a motion to vote for Draw/Seed for next year during the meeting today?

  • Author

Yep and as usual ... North/Clay votes yay and the other three voted no.

They need to seed.

Yep and as usual ... North/Clay votes yay and the other three voted no.

They need to seed.

 

If I were Clay and North I'd take them off my schedule, no matter what the cost...They would eventually come around.:madman: :fight:

  • Author

I agree with you. If you can't play with the big boys, then get out of the KHSAA.

I can not see why Jackson would not want to seed. I would think they would be better off the season to vote for it. Guess they think if you are the best team you will prove it during tourney play.

  • Author

I know ... I just hate a Blind Draw ... it can make the region tournament weak in some games.

If I were a fan of the 13th region I would be calling Gerald Foley at Corbin high school and get me some tickets. I can not see many games being blow outs this time around. The semifinals and finals should go down to the wire. There is also a great chance the first round games will be dandies indeed. The draw will go a long way in determing the winner.

is region at Corbin? How is their gym, I cant quiet remember is it as large as Clay Countys

its simple why jackson co. doesn't want to seed. The reason is that 95% of the time they are going to be the #2 or #3 seed which means they are going to have to play clay or north laurel every year. Which is a tough first round game every year. Why wouldn't they want a chance to play one of the other two teams in the district. Which would give them a better chance at going to the region more often. I wish everyone would just qiut talking about how it would be better for the region if the 49th seeded making the region matchups better. I think JC is doing what everybody else should do and think about what is best for the kids of their county. This gives JC a better chance of getting to region and is more logical to me. If the 49th would have seeded this year the only change would have been clay would've played the winner of OBI and Red Bird and JC would've still played North. Bottom line is seeding is not better for OBI and Red bird ans the only advantage JC would have would be the years that they would be the #1 seed, which doesn't happen very often.

As far as Corbin's gym goes, they made it easier to get to seats and more walking room up and down the side lines when they put in the new bleachers. However, in my opinion, there is not as much sitting room as there used to be.

its simple why jackson co. doesn't want to seed. The reason is that 95% of the time they are going to be the #2 or #3 seed which means they are going to have to play clay or north laurel every year. Which is a tough first round game every year. Why wouldn't they want a chance to play one of the other two teams in the district. Which would give them a better chance at going to the region more often. I wish everyone would just qiut talking about how it would be better for the region if the 49th seeded making the region matchups better. I think JC is doing what everybody else should do and think about what is best for the kids of their county. This gives JC a better chance of getting to region and is more logical to me. If the 49th would have seeded this year the only change would have been clay would've played the winner of OBI and Red Bird and JC would've still played North. Bottom line is seeding is not better for OBI and Red bird ans the only advantage JC would have would be the years that they would be the #1 seed, which doesn't happen very often.

 

 

 

The point in having the District tournment is to get the BEST teams to go on and play in the region..when you do the drawl, sometimes you dont get the best teams to the region.. Im all for the good of the kids..but we play basketball games to see who is better not to make everybody feel good inside...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.