Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Laurel vs Cumberland Predictions

Featured Replies

I'm going to say South by 15. Due to the fact that I don't think the Skins have the bench to stay with the Cards. What does everyone else think?

Skins lack the bench but South lack a Johnson stopper. Unfortunately, South will probably pull this one out by about 17 but it will be a hard fought game. I'm hoping the Skin's pull it out.

 

*I'm using my negative train of thought that seems to be working for me so far in the tournament*

  • Author
Skins lack the bench but South lack a Johnson stopper. Unfortunately, South will probably pull this one out by about 17 but it will be a hard fought game. I'm hoping the Skin's pull it out.

 

*I'm using my negative train of thought that seems to be working for me so far in the tournament*

You are probably right about Johnson, but even with him having a big game I don't see him beating South on his own.

South by 20 ... Can the skins handle South's press? And, depth is going to hurt the Skins and saying South lacks a Johnson stopper is a slap in the Cardinals' face ... I would also take my chances with a Steve Wright and Roscoe Denney coached team in a game like this, but that's me.

 

If the Skins can slow it down, then they can stay close, but this is still the same team that struggeled down the stretch.

South BIG. Like Les said, how is Cumberland going to get the ball up the floor?

South by a bunch. Cumberland's guard play will hurt them against the SL pressure. If I was a betting man, I'd say that the big guy from Cumberland will be in foul trouble against SL.

South BIG. Like Les said, how is Cumberland going to get the ball up the floor?
They did a pretty good job getting the ball up the floor against a good Clay County defense dont you think. They had 4 turnovers in the first 2 minutes of the game, due to nerves, then only a total of 10 for the game.
They did a pretty good job getting the ball up the floor against a good Clay County defense dont you think. They had 4 turnovers in the first 2 minutes of the game, due to nerves, then only a total of 10 for the game.

They did a fine job againest Clay, but South's defense will be a totally different animal. C'lands 2 guards will be worn out by the second half. South by 20 or more.

There is NO comparison to Clay's defensive pressure and South Laurel's. NONE.

South by 20 ... Can the skins handle South's press? And, depth is going to hurt the Skins and saying South lacks a Johnson stopper is a slap in the Cardinals' face ... I would also take my chances with a Steve Wright and Roscoe Denney coached team in a game like this, but that's me.

 

If the Skins can slow it down, then they can stay close, but this is still the same team that struggeled down the stretch.

Steve Wright and company is an outstanding group of coaches and that is why someone from their staff including Wright 2 or 3 times has been to scout Cumberland on about 7 occasions if my math is up to par. I think this staff probably has more respect for the Cumberland program than anybody else in the Region and that is why they are who they are. Hats off to South laurel and Cumberland they both deserve a lot of respect and good luck to to the winner throughout the tournament. I think we see now who the top 4 teams in the region are.

I agree with you old school ... the best four teams in the region are in the semifinals ... Cumberland is very talented and a team that South CAN'T overlook.

I agree with you old school ... the best four teams in the region are in the semifinals ... Cumberland is very talented and a team that South CAN'T overlook.
Thank you for that bit of respect sir.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.