Will Trinity win more than 14 games this year...

The fact remains that Kentucky's football powerhouse has 18 state championships and the next closet pretender to the throne has 11. You can spin it, twist it, turn it, slice it, dice it, any way you want, but that is the fact. Lets look at a couple more facts not opinions:

1. Trinity has had 3 "three peets"

2. Trinity has had several undefeated seasons

Please name me any other 6A school that can say that.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact remains that Kentucky's football powerhouse has 18 state championships and the next closet pretender to the throne has 11. You can spin it, twist it, turn it, slice it, dice it, any way you want, but that is the fact. Lets look at a couple more facts not opinions:

1. Trinity has had 3 "three peets"

2. Trinity has had several undefeated seasons

Please name me any other 6A school that can say that.

That has apparently SILENCED THEM.

It is interesting that while we speak of realtiy, facts and accomplishments - all THEY can say is what 'almost happened" ///"should have happended", etc.

It is really sort of sad.

We're a football team from KY, the track record of KY football against Ohio football hasn't been good enough for those teams to warrant any school from KY as a serious threat. Even though Trinity holds the most momentous KY win over an Ohio program from 2002's 44-20 win over Elder, we still have not beaten a big name program from Ohio since. Chaminade notwithstanding.

Other than RP saying he "hopes" we can hand Cincy X an L I don't see anyone here crowing that we're going to beat them. I also did not see him saying we are one of the "top games" for them this season.

Actually you said it all. The title of the thread is will Trinity win more than 14 games?Trinity won't win more than 14 - let's talk Trinity vs Cincy Saint X

Bombers- 1575 students

Rocks -1400 roughly

Slight advantage Bombers

Bombers- open enrollment from Ohio side, Ky athletes not allowed to participate

Rocks- open enrollment from 7 counties including starters from Franklin County and Indiana

Slight advantage Rocks

Bombers- Coach Steve Specht 5 years

Rocks- Coach Beatty 7 years

2 state championships for Specht in last 3 years

Coach Beatty 6/7

Advantage even or slight to T

State championships-

Bombers-39 total most in Ohio

2 football, third in their league

Rocks- 18 football

Out of state wins

Rocks 4 in the last 39 years( 4-10 overall since 1969) Bombers 4 in last 2 years ( 4-1 overall with loss to Florida Lakeland in OT)

Returning players

Bombers- 68 men returning from this past year's varsity roster. including leading tackler and starting QB from the state game.

They also have 74 coming up from this past year's jv roster.

That totals at roughly 142 guys on varsity

Rocks- 80ish

Bombers big advantage

7 on 7

Bombers-not allowed in Ohio during spring

Rocks- practice time for passing offense

advantage Rocks

College advancement

Bombers 36 currently playing in college

Rocks- 20 estimated

NFL-curently playing

Bombers 2

Rocks ?

Facilities

Bombers-110 acres with 8500 seats for football

Rocks - 5000

All in all, fairly even in total available number of students, recruiting area, and coaching. T has advantage in 7 on 7 practices. But X doesn't shy away from anyone, anywhere. They stopped Superman last year and forced Stein to throw deep. I see the same script this year.

No, it doesn't look good for more than 14 wins.

As to the other 14 wins, time will tell.

Actually you said it all. The title of the thread is will Trinity win more than 14 games?Trinity won't win more than 14 - let's talk Trinity vs Cincy Saint X

Bombers- 1575 students

Rocks -1400 roughly

Slight advantage Bombers

Rocks- open enrollment from 7 counties including starters from Franklin County and Indiana

Slight advantage Rocks

Coach Beatty 6/7

State championships-

Rocks- 18 football

Out of state wins

Rocks 4 in the last 39 years( 4-10 overall since 1969) Bombers 4 in last 2 years ( 4-1 overall with loss to Florida Lakeland in OT)

Returning players

Bombers- 68 men returning from this past year's varsity roster. including leading tackler and starting QB from the state game.

Rocks- 80ish

Bombers big advantage

7 on 7

advantage Rocks

College advancement

Rocks- 20 estimated

NFL-curently playing

Bombers 2

Rocks ?

Facilities

Rocks - 5000

All in all, fairly even in total available number of students, recruiting area, and coaching. T has advantage in 7 on 7 practices. But X doesn't shy away from anyone, anywhere. They stopped Superman last year and forced Stein to throw deep. I see the same script this year.

Darn you went to alot of trouble and work. Now why did you do that again ??

I could be wrong 'cause I am sort of a newbie on here --but wasn't it one of your colleagues who started this thread?:confused:

That is strange how one of you starts it and the other finishes it :eek:

That has apparently SILENCED THEM.

It is interesting that while we speak of realtiy, facts and accomplishments - all THEY can say is what 'almost happened" ///"should have happended", etc.

It is really sort of sad.

:thumb:

I would absolutely love to beat Cincy St. X, but I would much rather take home #19. That game as well as some other games do nothing to establish playoff position, seeding, playing at home, etc. District games are the ones that count.

Bombers- 1575 students

Rocks -1400 roughly

Slight advantage Bombers

Slight advantage Rocks

Coach Beatty 6/7

State championships-

Rocks- 18 football

Out of state wins

Returning players

Rocks- 80ish

Bombers big advantage

7 on 7

advantage Rocks

College advancement

Rocks- 20 estimated

NFL-curently playing

Bombers 2

Rocks ?

Facilities

Rocks - 5000

Well you could have stopped after the first paragraph, because for some reason it didn't register in my head on that count. :creepy:

Darn you went to alot of trouble and work. Now why did you do that again ??

I could be wrong 'cause I am sort of a newbie on here --but wasn't it one of your colleagues who started this thread?:

:eek:

You are one of my colleagues-you support a Kentucky school don't you?

What I see in front of us as Kentucky schools are 5 games this year

Highlands at Colerain

Henry Clay at Lasalle

Cov Catholic at Cardinal Mooney

Cov Catholic at Elder

Cincy St X at Trinity

( Shame on Male, Manual, Boone County, and St X for not scheduling somebody out of state)

Cincy St X- coming into the most storied football program in Kentucky at Trinity, with only 4 returning starters, against the best in Kentucky in their opinions, at home, in front of their 5000 Shamrock painted faces and Kentucky officials, representing the best chance for Kentucky high school football to at least get noticed? One Rock supporter says they would "like" to beat them. Guys- for Kentucky, stop hanging your hat on the 2003 St X Win versus Moeller and the 2002 win versus Elder-

this year is the opportunity. Highlands can beat Colerain this year and Henry Clay's defense can stop Lasalle, ( good luck Cov Catholic!) why are we as Kentucky just conceding this game? It's 3 months before the championship in Kentucky. Why not win? Does this " it will make us better for the championship" attitude filter down to the players? So the district game against Eastern the next week is more important? Really? Seize the moment and represent Kentucky!! I will be pulling for you as well as for Highlands at Colerain and all the other games mentioned above.

This will be the 2008 home opener for the Rocks..... Cincy St.X will be defeated by

10+ points.....

Given Trinity's penchant for late-season improvement and the strength of the opponent, I'll be surprised if T will win by 10+ points or even win at all. I do think Trinity will play hard but not necessarily be at the top of their game execution-wise as they try to put more of a ground attack into the offense - with Phillips and Thomas. I would like to see the Rocks play these tougher teams later in the season. I saw the game last year --- the Bombers are really solid and, as the Guru has said, X was using Trinity as a guinea pig for some new things they wanted to try.

We normally don't fire that well, that early in the season. Compound that with the fact that, X has a lot of horses, it could work out poorly for us. I think we'll be prepared, and also have a shot to win late. That's all that I want. If we win, we win.

Highlands at Colerain

Henry Clay at Lasalle

Cov Catholic at Elder

Cincy St X at Trinity

( Shame on Male, Manual, Boone County, and St X for not scheduling somebody out of state)

Cincy St X- coming into the most storied football program in Kentucky at Trinity, with only 4 returning starters, against the best in Kentucky in their opinions, at home, in front of their 5000 Shamrock painted faces and Kentucky officials, representing the best chance for Kentucky high school football to at least get noticed? One Rock supporter says they would "like" to beat them. Guys- for Kentucky, stop hanging your hat on the 2003 St X Win versus Moeller and the 2002 win versus Elder-

this year is the opportunity. Highlands can beat Colerain this year and Henry Clay's defense can stop Lasalle, ( good luck Cov Catholic!) why are we as Kentucky just conceding this game? It's 3 months before the championship in Kentucky. Why not win? Does this " it will make us better for the championship" attitude filter down to the players? So the district game against Eastern the next week is more important? Really? Seize the moment and represent Kentucky!! I will be pulling for you as well as for Highlands at Colerain and all the other games mentioned above.

Since you put it that way - I concur and join you. I, too, would like to see all KY, Teams not only "take it to the Ohio Schools" --but also win.

I know T very much wants to win - every time they lace them up.

So let's go 5 for 5.

Given Trinity's penchant for late-season improvement and the strength of the opponent, I'll be surprised if T will win by 10+ points or even win at all. I do think Trinity will play hard but not necessarily be at the top of their game execution-wise as they try to put more of a ground attack into the offense - with Phillips and Thomas. I would like to see the Rocks play these tougher teams later in the season. I saw the game last year --- the Bombers are really solid and, as the Guru has said, X was using Trinity as a guinea pig for some new things they wanted to try.

I'm not surprised about the guinea pig comment. Cincy X has some BIG boys. I just hope our boys escape any injuiries this game.

Highlands at Colerain

Henry Clay at Lasalle

Cov Catholic at Elder

Cincy St X at Trinity

Optimistically, I can see one victory for Kentucky in these match ups. Realistically, I do not see Kentucky winning any of these games.

"jimmyref"......I too am rooting for the Kentucky teams who must improve to be competitive with these Ohio counterparts.