Justin Morneau wins 2008 All-Star Homerun Derby

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton put on a show for the fans,I have never seen anything like that, wow, 28 Homers and at one point hit 13 in a roll, I was pulling for him to win, but guess he just got worn down.Disapponited that he loss. Maybe he will win the MVP tonight.

Didn't they have an All World HR contest one year? I see to remember Hee Seop Choi representing Korea in the contest and the only way he gets into an All Star Game is with a ticket.

Yes.

The "All World" Home Run Derby was in 2005. He was representing South Korea.

Bobby Abreau - Venezuela (Champ)

I Rod - Puerto Rico

Carlos Lee - Panama

Ortiz - Dominican Republic

Hee-Seop Choi - Korea

Andruw Jones - Netehrlands

Mark Teixeira - U.S.

Jason Bay - Canada

Don't you mean "Jason" Morneau?:lol:

Justin Morneau received 70 text messages after winning Monday's All-Star Home Run Derby, he said, with many making reference to the trophy presentation, when the event's sponsor referred to him as "Jason."

"It happens a lot," Morneau said Tuesday, with a smile and a shrug. "People call me Jason all the time."

LINK

• 1 month later...

Since the HR Derby....

Justin Morneau (winner) - Was hitting .323 at the ASB. Now hitting .303 with no HRs since July 31

Josh Hamilton (2nd) - Was hitting .310 at the break. Now hitting .302. Has seven HRs since the ASB after hitting 21 in the first half

Lance Berkman - Has seen his average drop 15 points since the ASB and has hit just three homers since the break -- all in the last week

Ryan Braun - Has seen his average rise 14 points and has seven HRs since the break

Dan Uggla - Has seen his average dip 23 points and has three HRs since the ASB

Grady Sizemore - Has seen his average drop eight points and has no HRs in August

Chase Utley - Had 25 HRs at the ASB. Has hit five since and has seen his BA drop seven points.

Evan Longoria - was hitting .275 at the ASB. Now hitting .278 and has hit six HRs since the break. Now hurt.