Justin Morneau wins 2008 All-Star Homerun Derby

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Morneau on winning the contest and to Josh Hamilton for making this HR Derby night special.

Hamilton made it a great night for this baseball fan!!!!!!

:thumb::thumb:

What did Volquez give to Hamilton in that breef case?

I think that I heard them say that symbolized the "suitcase" full of money for the winner .

I guess he was like me and declaring te end of the hr derby early.:eek:

:sleep:

If he deserved it he would have won it..

With the way that the contest is set up Morneau won it, no question or controversey to it.

I just question the way they do it. I think that the guy with the most overall HR's shoud win the HR derby (what a concept!!:D). Use the first couple of rounds to eliminate a certain number of the hitters and then the final round between the top two. JMO

Should that had been the case I don't think that Hamilton would have had to hit in any round except for the final round and probably not that one. I believe I heard at one time he had more hr's than the #2,3 and 4 place hitters combined, not sure though.

So, Morneau won the hr derby with Hamlton having the most HR's. Makes perfect sense to me...........:lol:.

Moreneau was the winner but everyone wanted to talk about and/or talk to the loser............Hamilton.

Doesn't matter anyway, I am not going to argue over an exhibition contest and we all had a great show tonight.:thumb: