How often do you text message?

Bart Fletch

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I text quite a bit with the girl friend.

It's sooooo much easier to not pay attention to what a female is blabbing on about when you don't actually have to hear them say it. Plus, it's like you have a personal assistant who writes down and keeps track of everything she says, that way she can't call you out for watching a ball game or family guy while she's telling you a story about what a hilarious thing her friend did at the mall that day.

Not that the above has ever happened to me:sssh:

I text quite a bit with the girl friend.

It's sooooo much easier to not pay attention to what a female is blabbing on about when you don't actually have to hear them say it. Plus, it's like you have a personal assistant who writes down and keeps track of everything she says, that way she can't call you out for watching a ball game or family guy while she's telling you a story about what a hilarious thing her friend did at the mall that day.

Not that the above has ever happened to me:sssh:

Wow, I never thought of it like that, very true. :lol:

My wife and I send / receive texts maybe 30 times a month. Her sister lives in Ireland, and it costs $0.25 to text her rather than $1.69 per minute to call her. I also recieve scoring updates from various sports teams so I can keep up even if I'm not home.

1) I have about 55 kids that play baseball for me. If a game gets rained out, I could make 55 phone calls or send about 5 texts. So, texting IS cheaper for me.

2) You can't make a phone call to the babysitter to check on the kids while on a conference call or in a meeting.

3) Instead of calling a bunch of friends for dinner, you can send one text.

4) If someone wants to get a hold of me, they'll text me to call. I can call when I'm ready and not check a god forsaken voicemail.(Easily the worst thing technology has given us)

5) If in the middle of a game, the wife can tell my to stop and pick up some milk on the way home. (Which is better than the dreaded VM)

Texting is no different than emailing, IMO. Just a different device to retrieve the message. I think we ALL can agree that emailing has made life easier...

My wife and I send / receive texts maybe 30 times a month. Her sister lives in Ireland, and it costs $0.25 to text her rather than $1.69 per minute to call her. I also recieve scoring updates from various sports teams so I can keep up even if I'm not home.

Forgot about the scoring updates! That one is huge when you are attending one event and want to know the score of another. :thumb:

1) I have about 55 kids that play baseball for me. If a game gets rained out, I could make 55 phone calls or send about 5 texts. So, texting IS cheaper for me.

2) You can't make a phone call to the babysitter to check on the kids while on a conference call or in a meeting.

3) Instead of calling a bunch of friends for dinner, you can send one text.

4) If someone wants to get a hold of me, they'll text me to call. I can call when I'm ready and not check a god forsaken voicemail.(Easily the worst thing technology has given us)

5) If in the middle of a game, the wife can tell my to stop and pick up some milk on the way home. (Which is better than the dreaded VM)

Texting is no different than emailing, IMO. Just a different device to retrieve the message. I think we ALL can agree that emailing has made life easier...

Every single one of these examples is an excellent reason to text. I honestly think that some people are just intimidated by it and want to down it. If they choose NOT to text okay, but it is NOT "just as easy to call" in these instances.

I've cleared my inbox twice today, both times it had around 160 messages. I've still got a few hours before bed. I'd say during school it's more. I'm guessing a few hundred a day. I just got two while typing this post.

Never realized how frequently I do it until this thread.