How often do you text message?

Bart Fletch

I text people several times a week. Sometimes, it's several times a day. I see texting as a much more polite way of communicating with people. Sometimes you don't have a lot to say; you just want to say "hi" or just want to pass on a quick message. With texting, you don't have to interrupt the person, and you don't have to tie them down with all the customary "pleasantries" of a phone call. Sometimes, I'll send a text to see if the person has time for a lengthy chat. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't send text messages...

...and I'm not even a teenager -- physically. :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I test people several times a week. Sometimes, it's several times a day. I see testing as a much more polite way of communicating with people. Sometimes you don't have a lot to say; you just want to say "hi" or just want to pass on a quick message. With texting, you don't have to interrupt the person, and you don't have to tie them down with all the customary "pleasantries" of a phone call. Sometimes, I'll send a text to see if the person has time for a lengthy chat. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't send text messages...

...and I'm not even a teenager -- physically. :D

What do you test them in? :cool:

What do you test them in? :cool:
No fair getting me while I'm in another thread getting you for the same thing! :irked::p

You would think, between all the texting, posting, Emailing and PMing I do every day...

....I'd be able to type worth a crap.

Normally, 5-10 per day. However, I have been known to send out group texts about astronomy events to students in my astronomy class when "on the spot" events happen. It's also a good way to keep in touch with people in a different time zone. Most of my family lives in Colorado and New Mexico, so sometimes our schedules don't mix for talking, but we can actually have a decent conversation over a period of texts spread throughtout the day.

I have found that non-texters are sometimes a little...let's say defensive, toward texters. Almost like, "well, I don't text, because I actually care about talking to people one on one," which is fine with me, but I have found texting to be convenient and allows me to be in touch with people more often.

Let's see.... hit #6 button two times (N). hit #6 button three times (0). Now, how do I make a period? Oh yeah, hit #1 button.

See why I don't text much? I use voice mail mostly and maybe 2-3 texts per week.