Obama and his changing positions

Why has Obama changed his stance  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Why has Obama changed his stance

• He's a liberal running to the middle for the election
    • He's a moderate that ran to the left for the primaries
    • As he gains experience he's re-evaluating his positions
    • He's just saying what he thinks at the moment

I'm looking forward to quite a few on here that keep saying that Obama won't raise their taxes, come back in a year and hear them complaining about how high their taxes are, and how terrible life is if Obama is elected. I won't feel sorry for you guys, but rather say I told ya so...Sorry, but if you're willing to make the mistake, I hope you're willing to live with the consequences.

Kind of like all of those who voted for George W. Bush twice? Look at the shape our country is in after 8 years of him. I am proud to say I didn't vote for Bush.

I guess the same can be said for those who plan on voting for McCain. If McCain ends up winning the election and things to terribly, I'd hope those who voted for him are willing to acknowledge how terrible he is and live with the consequences.

If Obama wins and Obama turns things around for this country most here will not even acknowledge his success.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of like all of those who voted for George W. Bush twice? Look at the shape our country is in after 8 years of him. I am proud to say I didn't vote for Bush.

I guess the same can be said for those who plan on voting for McCain. If McCain ends up winning the election and things to terribly, I'd hope those who voted for him are willing to acknowledge how terrible he is and live with the consequences.

If Obama wins and Obama turns things around for this country most here will not even acknowledge his success.

But the funny thing is, life is much better for me than it was 8 years ago....If McCain wins, the worst that will happen is things will stay the same, so I won't have to worry about that.

But the funny thing is, life is much better for me than it was 8 years ago....If McCain wins, the worst that will happen is things will stay the same, so I won't have to worry about that.

8 years ago I was a freshman in high school with 0 money and 0 responsibility. I'm doing much worse now. :lol:

8 years ago I was a freshman in high school with 0 money and 0 responsibility. I'm doing much worse now. :lol:

:lol: So was I, but my parents are both doing MUCH BETTER now, and I'm doing well too, so obviously I'm happy with the way things are going.

:lol: So was I, but my parents are both doing MUCH BETTER now, and I'm doing well too, so obviously I'm happy with the way things are going.

But what about our country? Is it better off than it was 8 years ago? I'd say not even close.

But what about our country? Is it better off than it was 8 years ago? I'd say not even close.

Agreed. By just about any measure, our country is worse off than it was in 2000.

When Bill Clinton came to Maysville, he said that sometimes people would tell him that they don't miss the 1990s. His response - what don't you miss - the peace or the prosperity?

Agreed. By just about any measure, our country is worse off than it was in 2000.

When Bill Clinton came to Maysville, he said that sometimes people would tell him that they don't miss the 1990s. His response - what don't you miss - the peace or the prosperity?

Using this logic, neither of you would have voted FDR to a second term, right? FDR was re-elected for his second term in 1937, right smack in the middle of the Great Depression AND the Recession of 1937.

Or Teddy Roosevelt to his second term? The panic of 1907 happened pretty close to the election.

Heck, we were heading towards a recession at the end of George Washington's term as President....would you to have up and said "King George III, things aren't really working out with this whole democracy thing.....mind if you take over again?"

Vote on the war, there is a legitimate claim there. If you are voting for Senator Obama on the grounds that A) Bush ruined the economy or that B) Obama is going to fix it, I can't agree with you at all.

Using this logic, neither of you would have voted FDR to a second term, right? FDR was re-elected for his second term in 1937, right smack in the middle of the Great Depression AND the Recession of 1937.

Or Teddy Roosevelt to his second term? The panic of 1907 happened pretty close to the election.

Heck, we were heading towards a recession at the end of George Washington's term as President....would you to have up and said "King George III, things aren't really working out with this whole democracy thing.....mind if you take over again?"

Vote on the war, there is a legitimate claim there. If you are voting for Senator Obama on the grounds that A) Bush ruined the economy or that B) Obama is going to fix it, I can't agree with you at all.

If there was a difference in some of your illustrations it would be:

a) FDR was at least an inspirational speaker who kept hope up when there was little to hope about. Also, he did not involve himself in the European and Asian problems at that time. Why? Because the US could not have survived a war at that point in their history. He needed time for the economic woes and to prepare the military in some way (which he did after 1940).

b) I thought Teddy did not run in '08. He was president from '01 to '08 but then he did not run again but supported Taft.

c) As to Washington, it was a different world from starting a country, government, and economy versus inheriting a solid economy.

If there was a difference in some of your illustrations it would be:

a) FDR was at least an inspirational speaker who kept hope up when there was little to hope about. Also, he did not involve himself in the European and Asian problems at that time. Why? Because the US could not have survived a war at that point in their history. He needed time for the economic woes and to prepare the military in some way (which he did after 1940).

b) I thought Teddy did not run in '08. He was president from '01 to '08 but then he did not run again but supported Taft.

c) As to Washington, it was a different world from starting a country, government, and economy versus inheriting a solid economy.

Remember that solid economy had begun dropping the last 6 months to year of Clinton's presidency. Add in that Clinton did not have to deal with 9/11 type attack that had devastated the airline industry than a rising of fuel prices and Clinton did not have to deal with things like Bush has.

In fact, I was watching something while in DC and a former Clinton staff person indicated that Clinton always wanted to have something happen to show his steely resolve and how great he really was but nothing really happened on his watch that gave him the chance.

Well except him not being able to tell other women no, even though he was a married man.

But as I said earlier, how I'm affected is the most important thing to me when it comes to voting...If I'm better off now than I was 8 years ago, then that's all that matters.

Remember that solid economy had begun dropping the last 6 months to year of Clinton's presidency. Add in that Clinton did not have to deal with 9/11 type attack that had devastated the airline industry than a rising of fuel prices and Clinton did not have to deal with things like Bush has.

In fact, I was watching something while in DC and a former Clinton staff person indicated that Clinton always wanted to have something happen to show his steely resolve and how great he really was but nothing really happened on his watch that gave him the chance.

Well except him not being able to tell other women no, even though he was a married man.[/quote]

The bolded sounds a little like Mr. McCain...

But as I said earlier, how I'm affected is the most important thing to me when it comes to voting...If I'm better off now than I was 8 years ago, then that's all that matters.

And I think that when all is said and done, that is why Obama will carry the day.

The bolded sounds a little like Mr. McCain...

Please explain as I have heard nothing about McCain cheating on his wife.

Before the Clinton election I remember the 60 Minutes interview where he categorically denied(lied) that he did not have sexual relations with other women.

Why even say something like that? Honestly that's a very very bad comparison.

The government does not "pick" on the wealthy because they are rich. I think the "wealthy" should pay the same percentage of their earnings in taxes as I do. No difference what-so-ever.

Actually they pay a bigger percentage then you do.