Why has Obama changed his stance  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Why has Obama changed his stance

• He's a liberal running to the middle for the election
    • He's a moderate that ran to the left for the primaries
    • As he gains experience he's re-evaluating his positions
    • He's just saying what he thinks at the moment

At least you admit it.

What about Obama makes you want to vote for him? I mean, big time taxes alone is going to be a huge hammer on our heads.

I don't make anywhere near $200,000 so Obama's tax plan will not hurt me. He has stated numerous times that he will not raise taxes on people making less than $200,000 per year.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "flip-flop" label isn't going to stick to either candidate this election. I think most are trying to reproduce the success the label had against Kerry last time, but unless one of the candidates produces something near the quality of "I actually voted for the $87 billion, before I voted against it," I just don't see it catching.

I think you're right. It would take a monumental gaffe from one or the other to become a clear front-runner in the flip-flop parade.

I guess what it comes down to is the audience of "panderees" with which you identify.

I don't make anywhere near $200,000 so Obama's tax plan will not hurt me. He has stated numerous times that he will not raise taxes on people making less than $200,000 per year.

George Bush the first also ran on "READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES" and we all know how that worked out.

I don't believe Obama when he says this, plain and simple. I honestly believe that if he's elected it will be very shortly after his election that he will "revisit" his tax plan and realize that it will have to be an across the board increase. There's no way to pay for all of his new entitlement programs if it doesn't happen.

George Bush the first also ran on "READ MY LIPS, NO NEW TAXES" and we all know how that worked out.

I don't believe Obama when he says this, plain and simple. I honestly believe that if he's elected it will be very shortly after his election that he will "revisit" his tax plan and realize that it will have to be an across the board increase. There's no way to pay for all of his new entitlement programs if it doesn't happen.

He might fund it if he defunds some of George Bush's big entitlement explosions such as "No Child Left Behind."

I'll tell you this, affect the upper class and you hit the middle class even harder.

For the record, I wouldn't believe anything Obama promises you, likely none of them will be kept.

From what I can tell, I'm not in a tax bracket that will experience an increase in income taxes in an Obama administration. I don't earn anywhere near tha cutoff for Social Security/Medicare contributions. I don't have an estate worth anywhere near $2 million, or whatever the exclusion figure is these days. Capital gains has never been in my vocabulary.

If you think the Obama tax hikes will not effect you, then I think your crazy.

:p

I'll tell you this, affect the upper class and you hit the middle class even harder.

For the record, I wouldn't believe anything Obama promises you, likely none of them will be kept.

And McCains promises will be kept?

If you think the Obama tax hikes will not effect you, then I think your crazy.

:p

Not sure how they will hurt me. At this point in my job I'm making minimum wage (it did go up right?). Can Obama's tax hikes make my wages go down below minimum wage? If not, and he's not going to tax people making less than $200,000 per year...how would it affect me?

Not sure how they will hurt me. At this point in my job I'm making minimum wage (it did go up right?). Can Obama's tax hikes make my wages go down below minimum wage? If not, and he's not going to tax people making less than $200,000 per year...how would it affect me?

Because you're only thinking of income taxes, and if the wealthy are paying more in taxes it's going to effect the economy in a negative manner which is going to hurt everyone.

That is interesting because the Dems labeled those people as the rich when Bush gave out his tax breaks.

I received a tax break and am still in the 5 digits on househould salary. And the Dems were against me getting a tax break.

Because you're only thinking of income taxes, and if the wealthy are paying more in taxes it's going to effect the economy in a negative manner which is going to hurt everyone.

Lots of folks take stock in theories of supply side/trickle-down/voodoo economics. Lots don't.