Junior makes an offer for #600

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From this thread, the below clearly states Joe is ignorant as to value:

"I totally respect Joe's right to sell the ball," Goldberg told MLB.com. "But he's got to separate fantasy from reality. Nobody is more proud of Junior than I am, but I don't think the dollar value is going to be anything close to what Joe thinks. This ball didn't break any records and it's not unique."

Besides getting lesser value for the baseball, Goldberg pointed out that auction fees and taxes would reduce the sum by a hefty percentage.

"He's going to be disappointed at how much he nets," Goldberg said.

So they're "tearing the guy down" by saying that he's going to be disappointed with what he earns after taxes and other expenses, including auction fees?

Give me a break.

I don't believe Junior is beating the guy up at all! His offer for the ball is worth more than money, the experience of being at Yankee Stadium for the last All-Star game to be played there, all the excitement of that is worth much more than money!

Jr had more luck with #400 in Colorado I remember him just taking a glove out to center and the person gave the ball up for the glove. The kid in St. Louis gave #500 up easily but received some nice gifts.. and pretty much the same exact package to the all-star game that year, that Jr is offering this guy.

Jr probably doesn't realize since he has made millions for the past 10 years that times are tough right now.. this guy wants a little dough.. I agree with the guru, pay the man fair market value and move on.

If I remember correctly on #500, didnt Jr. pay for the guys medical school tuition?

If I remember correctly on #500, didnt Jr. pay for the guys medical school tuition?

I honestly don't know... but I could easily see that. Jr was quoted saying the kid gave the ball up for "nothing" didn't want "anything" matter of fact he told Jr.. "hey its yours, you hit it." Jr labeled him a new friend... the kid obviously made a wealthy friend.

I don't believe Junior is beating the guy up at all! His offer for the ball is worth more than money, the experience of being at Yankee Stadium for the last All-Star game to be played there, all the excitement of that is worth much more than money!

I'd take the $25k to $50k and buy my own tickets.

So they're "tearing the guy down" by saying that he's going to be disappointed with what he earns after taxes and other expenses, including auction fees?

Give me a break.

Yes, they are saying he is ignorant as to the value of the ball and they are laying it on pretty thick.

I don't follow you. Look up the definition of ignorant and then re-read the statements by the agent.

You keeping mentioning Griffey Jr, and the word they. I've yet to read anything Griffey Jr. has said that is negative about the guy that owns the baseball. It looks like his agent is the only one saying anything, and I don't see what he has said as being all that bad.