Junior makes an offer for #600

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keeping mentioning Griffey Jr, and the word they. I've yet to read anything Griffey Jr. has said that is negative about the guy that owns the baseball. It looks like his agent is the only one saying anything, and I don't see what he has said as being all that bad.

So you think Jr's agent is just sounding off without the consent of Jr? No way in the world do I believe that...

Sounds like a pretty good question to me.

All pro athletes hate being extorted by the fans, especially when the fans for a split second get a little power over something they want. Most players view it as if there so called "heros and idols to the fans" then why should they have to pay up when they are entertaining the fans by breaking records.

All pro athletes hate being extorted by the fans, especially when the fans for a split second get a little power over something they want. Most players view it as if there so called "heros and idols to the fans" then why should they have to pay up when they are entertaining the fans by breaking records.

That is exactly what I am talking about and again I do NOT begrudge pro athletes for making a lot of money. More power to them.

Might be semantics here, but there was no record broken here. And as far as entertaining the fans, there were just enough people in the right field bleachers to start a good came of Texas hold'em. The entertainment must have been on the beach that day. If JRs group wants that ball bad enough, they should pay the guy, and move on.

Yes, they are saying he is ignorant as to the value of the ball and they are laying it on pretty thick.

Ignorant is not knowing about something.

If you told me I was ignorant on the booking process of a criminal, you would be 100% correct as I have no knowledge of it. Doesn't mean you have tore me down at all or attacked my intellect. Just that I do not know about something.

I would assume that you are ignorant on neurobrain surgery and operating on someone in that manner. Same as me. That is not an attack on either but simply a statement that we both do not have a lot of knowledge on that subject.:thumb:

Ignorant is not knowing about something.

If you told me I was ignorant on the booking process of a criminal, you would be 100% correct as I have no knowledge of it. Doesn't mean you have tore me down at all or attacked my intellect. Just that I do not know about something.

I would assume that you are ignorant on neurobrain surgery and operating on someone in that manner. Same as me. That is not an attack on either but simply a statement that we both do not have a lot of knowledge on that subject.:thumb:

Of course we are all ignorant on many topics. However, in this case, the agent of a mega celebrity is broadcasting to the world how ignorant Joe is about the value of the baseball and he is doing so because Jr is not getting his way.

I am with several others in this thread, if Jr wants the ball he needs to buy it with cash money and his agent needs to stick a sock in it.

I have never understood baseball players when it comes to this issue. I do NOT begrudge them for all the money they make but yet they are quick to stand in judgment of a fan who has something marketable.

Why doesn't Jr. just give the fellow what he wants in cash instead of offering up a bunch of stuff that Jr. may not even have to pay for and for hypocrisy's sake please quit tearing the guy down because he is trying to make a buck.

Agree COMPLETELY!!!

I might be wrong but can't you set it up on EBay where a minimum has to be set and you can also set a buy it now price for the highest offer you would take right now if somebody would pay it? That's the route I would go!