Imus Never Learns

Clyde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on the news this morning that he did not mean it how it came out. He said when he asked what color he was, he met that he was wanting people to understand that African-American people get picked on......I did not use quotes because these were not his exact words, however, I think I got close enough that they may be the words he used....after listening to the segment, he really could have meant it to come out that way and it was taken out of context....I don't know if this was really the case or not, but what is being claimed.

As a side note, I don't listen to him and do not know him at all....so, I can not place judgement on how he really wanted the statement to come out.

I saw on the news this morning that he did not mean it how it came out. He said when he asked what color he was, he met that he was wanting people to understand that African-American people get picked on......I did not use quotes because these were not his exact words, however, I think I got close enough that they may be the words he used....after listening to the segment, he really could have meant it to come out that way and it was taken out of context....I don't know if this was really the case or not, but what is being claimed.

As a side note, I don't listen to him and do not know him at all....so, I can not place judgement on how he really wanted the statement to come out.

You got it just right! I watched him for years on TV and he is a Entertainer!!!!!!! If everyone jumped on everything everyone said like they do him, no one would have anytime for anything else. This man has done more for millions of children with cancer than anyone else ever has. For Al Sharpton to come out and say that he will look into it to see what he thinks is just such a big joke for me. Go find someone who really does hate the opposite race and then get back to me. I have no time for all this let's jump on the bandwagon to see if we can get Imus kicked off again. This man is anything but stupid and after the trouble from the last time, he'd have to be pretty darn stupid to say anything that can be misunderstood in this fashion again..

You got it just right! I watched him for years on TV and he is a Entertainer!!!!!!! If everyone jumped on everything everyone said like they do him, no one would have anytime for anything else. This man has done more for millions of children with cancer than anyone else ever has. For Al Sharpton to come out and say that he will look into it to see what he thinks is just such a big joke for me. Go find someone who really does hate the opposite race and then get back to me. I have no time for all this let's jump on the bandwagon to see if we can get Imus kicked off again. This man is anything but stupid and after the trouble from the last time, he'd have to be pretty darn stupid to say anything that can be misunderstood in this fashion again..
RK, he may do a lot of good and help a tremendous number of people, but that doesn't absolve him of his actions or hold him no less accountable.

He's a shock jock and ratings seeker. I wouldn't classify him or these types as "entertainers", as I can't rationalize anyone being entertained by these types.

Imus like many others, seek ratings and they do so, by making outlandish statements and topics which often can promote their own cause. Imus like you say, may do a lot of good but I see the negative portrayal in his diatribe and so, he serves no purpose to me.

RK, he may do a lot of good and help a tremendous number of people, but that doesn't absolve him of his actions or hold him no less accountable.

He's a shock jock and ratings seeker. I wouldn't classify him or these types as "entertainers", as I can't rationalize anyone being entertained by these types.

Imus like many others, seek ratings and they do so, by making outlandish statements and topics which often can promote their own cause. Imus like you say, may do a lot of good but I see the negative portrayal in his diatribe and so, he serves no purpose to me.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

When I saw the story this morning, two things went through my head:

1. How in the world does this idiot still have a job on the air.

2. Doesn't the idiot realize that ANYTHING he says, especially anything race related, is going to be over analyzed.

The key word in your post is "idiot."