Imus Never Learns

Clyde

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never understood, why people listen to the spew from these "radio personalities". You pay a guy, millions and he can't pass the common sense test.

It's one thing to be ignorant, but another to let everyone else know it and he has.

U.S. Dept of Justice

The prevalence of imprisonment in 2001 was higher for

-- black males (16.6%) and Hispanic males (7.7%) than for white males (2.6%)

-- black females (1.7%) and Hispanic females (0.7%) than white females (0.3%)

If recent incarceration rates remain unchanged, an estimated 1 of every 15 persons (6.6%) will serve time in a prison during their lifetime.

Lifetime chances of a person going to prison are higher for

-- men (11.3%) than for women (1.8%)

-- blacks (18.6%) and Hispanics (10%) than for whites (3.4%)

Based on current rates of first incarceration, an estimated 32% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 17% of Hispanic males and 5.9% of white males.

Unfortunately his assumption is supported by historical facts. Imus will never be one to say things in a politically correct manner, but I really can't get that upset with what he said. IMO this is totally different than the Rutgers comments.

Is he different from you? Your friends?

I'm not getting millions to entertain. I think people forget that he's an entertainer and people also forget all the millions he makes for children's charities.

I wouldn't say the things he says but then again, I wouldn't say the things that a lot of entertainers say. I'm not saying that what he says is right but then again, I don't think that a lot of what I hear from a lot of people is right. I think our problem is, we hop on someone as quick as we can just so we can have something to fuss about. IMO

Most other racists don't have a radio show that reaches tens of millions of people.

But I don't declare him a racists, I declare him an entertainer and until people stop listening then he will continue to "entertain". IMO

U.S. Dept of Justice

Unfortunately his assumption is supported by historical facts. Imus will never be one to say things in a politically correct manner, but I really can't get that upset with what he said. IMO this is totally different than the Rutgers comments.

That is an entirely new (in this thread, at least) argument there that I have had one too many times on this website.

U.S. Dept of Justice

There's a big difference between citing statistics and generalizing and I'm sure you're smart enough to know the difference. He wasn't trying to make a statement about the plight of the black male in the United States. He was saying "what do you expect from a black guy" which is completely unacceptable. They were JUST LIKE the Rutgers comments.