Volquez and Hamilton

Voltron or Hobbs  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Voltron or Hobbs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's hit 76 homers in his home parks, 56 on the road, even after the outburst in Baltimore. It certainly does matter what park he plays in.

I could be wrong, but I would say most people hit more homeruns in their own homepark than they do on the road. Unless a guy plays say in San Diego, or now the new Miami ballpark. Most people will hit better at home, because of familiairty with things such as the background. Half a players games are at home, so the background of where they see the pitches does make a difference. So most likely Hamilton just like most players will have better numbers at home than on the road.

I could be wrong, but I would say most people hit more homeruns in their own homepark than they do on the road. Unless a guy plays say in San Diego, or now the new Miami ballpark. Most people will hit better at home, because of familiairty with things such as the background. Half a players games are at home, so the background of where they see the pitches does make a difference. So most likely Hamilton just like most players will have better numbers at home than on the road.
I've posted his road numbers ... they're better than most players, but not quite superstar-level.

I know it pains you to give any Reds player credit, but you can include Votto in that group. (As well as Pujols)

I think its funny that Kemp, Braun and Gonzalez are on their way which I guess means they still havent reached superstar status...I do agree with his statement that Miggy is for sure...Votto definitely is, Reyes, Tulo, Cargo, Longoria, Cano, Granderson, Texiera and many more hitters are also superstars today...The key word is today you dont have to hit 40 dingers and drive in 150 runs to be among the faces of the game, a game changer which is what a superstar imo is...Once again Josh Hamilton should also be in this category imo and even before this year I would have included him...

I wouldn't consider Jose Reyes a superstar anymore.

[table]

[thead][tr][th]Year[/th][th]Age[/th][th]Tm[/th][th]Lg[/th][th]G[/th][th]PA[/th][th]AB[/th][th]R[/th][th]H[/th][th]2B[/th][th]3B[/th][th]HR[/th][th]RBI[/th][th]SB[/th][th]CS[/th][th]BB[/th][th]SO[/th][th]BA[/th][th]OBP[/th][th]SLG[/th][th]OPS[/th][/tr][/thead]

[tr][td]2011[/td][td]28[/td][td]NYM[/td][td]NL[/td][td]126[/td][td]586[/td][td]537[/td][td]101[/td][td]181[/td][td]31[/td][td]16[/td][td]7[/td][td]44[/td][td]39[/td][td]7[/td][td]43[/td][td]41[/td][td].337[/td][td].384[/td][td].493[/td][td].877[/td][/tr]

[/table]

I would have agreed but look what he did last year in NY...He is often injured but after coming back last year in 2011 with those numbers he is a game changer and a superstar...I actually didn't even realize how sick his numbers were last year...

What about 2009 and 2010? Plus this year. 1 very good year out of 4 doesn't let you keep that elite status.

He had a very good year in 2008 and then was hurt in 2009...2010 his first year back from injury and he has another good year, 2011 I already showed and he had another good year...It's too early in 2012...He has never really had any years that were a huge decline, 2010 was a little down but he was coming back from injury...There is not a better leadoff hitter in the game, therefore he is probably an elite player...

[table]

[thead][tr][th]Year[/th][th]Age[/th][th]Tm[/th][th]Lg[/th][th]G[/th][th]PA[/th][th]AB[/th][th]R[/th][th]H[/th][th]2B[/th][th]3B[/th][th]HR[/th][th]RBI[/th][th]SB[/th][th]CS[/th][th]BB[/th][th]SO[/th][th]BA[/th][th]OBP[/th][th]SLG[/th][th]OPS[/th][th]Awards[/th][/tr][/thead]

[tr][td]2008[/td][td]25[/td][td]NYM[/td][td]NL[/td][td]159[/td][td]763[/td][td]688[/td][td]113[/td][td]204[/td][td]37[/td][td]19[/td][td]16[/td][td]68[/td][td]56[/td][td]15[/td][td]66[/td][td]82[/td][td].297[/td][td].358[/td][td].475[/td][td].833[/td][td]MVP-24[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2009[/td][td]26[/td][td]NYM[/td][td]NL[/td][td]36[/td][td]166[/td][td]147[/td][td]18[/td][td]41[/td][td]7[/td][td]2[/td][td]2[/td][td]15[/td][td]11[/td][td]2[/td][td]18[/td][td]19[/td][td].279[/td][td].355[/td][td].395[/td][td].750[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2010[/td][td]27[/td][td]NYM[/td][td]NL[/td][td]133[/td][td]603[/td][td]563[/td][td]83[/td][td]159[/td][td]29[/td][td]10[/td][td]11[/td][td]54[/td][td]30[/td][td]10[/td][td]31[/td][td]63[/td][td].282[/td][td].321[/td][td].428[/td][td].749[/td][td]AS[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2011[/td][td]28[/td][td]NYM[/td][td]NL[/td][td]126[/td][td]586[/td][td]537[/td][td]101[/td][td]181[/td][td]31[/td][td]16[/td][td]7[/td][td]44[/td][td]39[/td][td]7[/td][td]43[/td][td]41[/td][td].337[/td][td].384[/td][td].493[/td][td].877[/td][td]ASMVP-11[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2012[/td][td]29[/td][td]MIA[/td][td]NL[/td][td]33[/td][td]152[/td][td]131[/td][td]16[/td][td]34[/td][td]7[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]6[/td][td]9[/td][td]4[/td][td]18[/td][td]10[/td][td].260[/td][td].344[/td][td].359[/td][td].703[/td][td][/td][/tr]

[/table]

I think its funny that Kemp, Braun and Gonzalez are on their way which I guess means they still havent reached superstar status...I do agree with his statement that Miggy is for sure...Votto definitely is, Reyes, Tulo, Cargo, Longoria, Cano, Granderson, Texiera and many more hitters are also superstars today...The key word is today you dont have to hit 40 dingers and drive in 150 runs to be among the faces of the game, a game changer which is what a superstar imo is...Once again Josh Hamilton should also be in this category imo and even before this year I would have included him...
Longoria will be if he can stay healthy. Teixeira and Pujols are on the way down. Granderson ... one great season doesn't make a superstar. Gonzalez is immensely helped by his home park. Tulowitzki hasn't been inflated as much by the park, but he's a shortstop and one of the best in the game.

Your definition of superstar is a little looser than mine.