Voltron or Hobbs  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Voltron or Hobbs

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volquez.

He is the best pitcher in baseball this year, with the exception of Brandon Webb. He has won ball games. Hamilton is a great talent and a great player, but we had Bruce waiting for his chance, and if Hamilton was still here without making that trade, Bruce would be wasting his talent in the minors and the Reds pitching staff would be even worse than it is now. Look what he did to a Philly lineup today. He 2 hit them. Amazing how hot they have been. He has an ERA out of the dead ball era in 1.32 and leads the entire MLB in K's by a signifigant number.

Another question, Do I wish they would have taken Dunn instead of Hamilton, Heck yes! But that is the way the cookie crumbles.

I'll squash that now. They put Dunn on the table for Volquez and were told no...

Volquez, Quailty starting pitching is hard to find, plus you can sub Bruce for Hamilton, and Herrea, I like what the what the reds got, with that said, Hamilton is a stud and will be for 8 to 10 years.

That is why you have to go with Volquez expecially in the Reds case because they had a very high need for quality pitching at the time.

Right now, for me, it is fairly easy to say Volquez, because it is much harder to find a pitcher that pitches the way he has to this point. Outfielders are much easier to find than good starting pitching. And at this point, the health factor looks to be much more of a risk with Hamilton because of what his body has been through in the past. I guess what I am saying is, if they are both healthy, I take Volquez.

When all is said and done, how rare is this trade? It's not often you see two guys doing this much shortly after a trade that didn't make many waves outside of Cincinnati and Arlington. At worst right now it's the 2nd best SP in the NL for the best hitter in the AL. Thanks Drubbies... :D

Got Hamilton for 50k that turned out to be a solid investment. I would have said Volquez even if he wasn't having this great of a year. That club house was a mess with Hamilton there and he is only one step from being back to where he was a few years ago.

I was a big fan of Hamilton and very sad to see him go. I think he is a good player and I like his story. He has great potential as long as he could stay out of trouble. But what a big win for the Reds with Volquez...very smart of them to know what they had in the minors in Bruce. For once a trade actually worked in the Reds favor.

Before this year Hamilton. The way the year is going Vol. It's a great deal for both clubs IMO. In the end I would rather have one of the best starters in the game and there is A LOT less risk with him if you start talking about spending a bunch of money on your investment!