UK vs UofL

ScarHeel

Hey, this was started by a UNC fan. Don't blame the UK fans on this one.

These are what I was referring to...:thumb:

Well I'll start. UK is the best team around.. :D

And U of L is still "Little Brother"

:lol:

UK>UL

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All Time Win/Loss Record (Rank)

UK 1,926-596 (1st)

UL 1,505-806 (15th)

All Time Winning Percentage (Rank)

UK 76.3% (1st)

65.1% (12th)

NCAA Tourney Appearances

UK 48(1st)

UL 34

NCAA Tourney Wins (Rank)

UK 96 (1st)

UL 53 (7th)

NCAA Final Fours

UK 13 (4th)

UL 8

NCAA Titles

7 (2nd)

What about NCAA violations?

moz-screenshot-2.jpg

How about we throw out everything prior to the 2007-2008 season. The Cardinal spin machine can boast that UK has never beaten UL in basketball. Makes about as much sense as only counting some of the years to make it look better for the red side.

No....I relly think the face of college basketball changed when they allowed african americans to become involved....UK may have won those championships b-4, but they don't hold much importance, IMO.

No....I relly think the face of college basketball changed when they allowed african americans to become involved....UK may have won those championships b-4, but they don't hold much importance, IMO.

I think the game changed when they added the 3 point line.

What are the stats starting with the 86-87 season?

Isn't UK still tied for second in championships in that time period? Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Indiana I know all have three apiece, and I don't believe any other team besides UCLA has more than that in that time period. I think only UCLA, Kentucky, Indiana, and UNC have more than that ever.

If everyone was playing with the same rules why wouldn't they matter? Should the Yankees World Series Titles before 1947 be discounted for the same reason? Remember one of those UK teams actually took its starting 5 and won the Olympic Gold Medal, I think thats very relevant.

I didn't see any reason to argue anything. They are both outstanding programs that won by whatever rules where in place at the time. As a Kentuckian I sure do brag on both when I'm out of state, not so much about Louisville in-state, but I do pull for the Cards when they're not playing UK.

If everyone was playing with the same rules why wouldn't they matter? Should the Yankees World Series Titles before 1947 be discounted for the same reason? Remember one of those UK teams actually took its starting 5 and won the Olympic Gold Medal, I think thats very relevant.

Using baseball works for me as well. The game has changed 3 x's since Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier, but in my eyes, when you only have a segment of the population, I have a hard time viewing it with much credence.