Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK vs UofL

Featured Replies

Looks like great numbers for both programs to me.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see how their records compare from the 70's on. I would think they would be pretty close.

This thread is ridiculous. Just trying to start up an argument.

This thread is ridiculous. Just trying to start up an argument.

 

 

Once again, not a UK fan that started the thread.

I would like to see how their records compare from the 70's on. I would think they would be pretty close.

 

 

The National Championships would be 3-2 in UK's favor. I know UK has been to the fiinal four 7 times since 1970 (75, 78, 84 ,93, 96, 97, 98). I'm not sure about UofL. I know they had a good run with Denny there in the 80's.

The stats shown make the state look good in the BIG picture of the NCAA, anyway.

Both have respectable numbers to post.

The National Championships would be 3-2 in UK's favor. I know UK has been to the fiinal four 7 times since 1970 (75, 78, 84 ,93, 96, 97, 98). I'm not sure about UofL. I know they had a good run with Denny there in the 80's.

 

UL has been to 7 final 4's since the 70's

 

1972

1975

1980

1982

1983

1986

2005

As requested:

 

From 1970/71 on:

Win/Loss Record

UK - 928-298

UL – 864-371

 

Winning Percentage

UK – 75.7%

UL – 70.0%

 

NCAA Tourney Appearances

UK – 32

UL – 28

 

NCAA Tourney Wins

UK – 69

UL – 51

 

NCAA Final Fours

UK – 7(75, 78, 84 ,93, 96, 97, 98)

UL – 7 (72, 75, 80, 82, 83, 86, 05)

 

NCAA Titles

UK – 3 (78, 96, 98)

UL – 2 (80, 86)

BTW, pretty sure UL has 57 tournament wins all-time, not 53. They had 49 as of 2003 (according to their online site), and they've won 8 since then. UK has 98 all-time, not 96.

UK and UL are very evenly matched since the 70's.

I would think that would rank the state #1 in those categories of states without a pro basketball franchise.

 

I would be willing to bet that the state of North Carolina could argue they are tops. The Charlotte Bobcats are pro simply due to semantics.

I would be willing to bet that the state of North Carolina could argue they are tops. The Charlotte Bobcats are pro simply due to semantics.

 

Huh??:irked: They still have a pro team though, thus making them oblivious to the conversation.

How about we throw out everything prior to the 2007-2008 season. The Cardinal spin machine can boast that UK has never beaten UL in basketball. Makes about as much sense as only counting some of the years to make it look better for the red side.

Looks like great numbers for both programs to me.

 

 

:thumb:

How about we throw out everything prior to the 2007-2008 season. The Cardinal spin machine can boast that UK has never beaten UL in basketball. Makes about as much sense as only counting some of the years to make it look better for the red side.

 

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.