What kind of message is this for kids?

hurricane

My daughter was watching The Disney Channel when they played a video by a band that they created for a tv show. The band was "The Naked Brothers Band". I am not too fond of the name by the way. Anyway, the song was titled, "I Don't Want To Go To School".

What kind of message is Disney sending to our kids?

I must say, I thought this was not appropriate for a kids television program.

:confused:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah yes, Disney. The great disseminater of historical "facts," whose movies would have us believe gypsies were a beloved social class in Europe, and that the Pocahantas/John Smith relationship was built on mutual love, trust and respect.

I wish the worst thing I had to worry about my kids hearing is "I dont want to go to school". Give me a break and quit being so sensitive. I have a feeling that school atendence will not drop drasticly around the nation because of the Naked Brothers Band. Beside's when you were a kid this close to summer break, did you want to go to school?

How old are your children? Mine are younger but I don't let them watch Disney after 10am, b/c the older shows come on. Although when the disney classics are on I let them watch that. But I have found that Noggin is GREAT for little children. Channel 335 is 24/7 age appropiate shows. My son who is almost 4, thinks that the older shows are cool but I do notice a slight behavior issue after watching them, only b/c he then thinks he is bigger. But really, if you as a parent teach them the good values and morals. The shows/music shouldn't cause any problems.

Ah yes, Disney. The great disseminater of historical "facts," whose movies would have us believe gypsies were a beloved social class in Europe, and that the Pocahantas/John Smith relationship was built on mutual love, trust and respect.

It's a freakin cartoon.

Disney Channel is not for young kids. I have to make sure my 3 year old stays off that channel. Do to to much talk about dating, kissing, and Naked Brothers.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The Little Einstiens can be such a bad influence. Not to mention Mickey Mouse Club House.