Ellen DeGeneres Announces On Show She Will Marry Girlfriend

(AP) Ellen DeGeneres' emotional TV moment comes on the heels of the California Supreme Court's ruling in favor of gay marriage.

Ellen announces today on her talk show that she will marry her longtime girlfriend Portia de Rossi now that the California Supreme Court has declared the state's ban on gay marriages illegal. Watch the clip below.

http://www.tv.yahoo.com/the-ellen-degeneras-show/show/35584/videos/7848875

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not agree with that lifestyle at all but really always admired her for keeping it out of her show for the most part.

With this announcement on her show I have just found the reason to not ever tune into it again.

I have felt the same way about her show also. Really liked it and she made me laugh with out the politics.

I'll give her this moment, but if it becomes the heart of the show, then I will switch channels.

She can't "MARRY" anyone except a Man. She is a woman. The word marry comes from marriage and thats only between a man and a woman. Its like calling a cow a horse, it just doesn't fit. Now if she wants to have a Union with this person, so be it. But the marriage is wrong.

She is really, REALLY a funny lady.

Ellen IS funny. Seems like a nice woman, too. You could tell she was genuinely excited to be able to do this. Everyone, regardless of orientation, should be able to marry the one they love. I think we will see the day when people in every state will be able to do so.

Ellen IS funny. Seems like a nice woman, too. You could tell she was genuinely excited to be able to do this. Everyone, regardless of orientation, should be able to marry the one they love. I think we will see the day when people in every state will be able to do so.

:thumb::thumb: