Arrez Henderson

I am undecided on what I think about college prospects.

On one hand, while he can drive and shoot the 3 pretty well, it doesn't seem like he really has a (d1) basketball mind offensively. I mean, for high school yes, but for major D1 basketball I don't know if he has the court IQ offensively. I guess it could be developed- maybe the JUCO route would be good for him like it is turning out to be for Hill and Rice.

On the other hand, defensively he is a nightmare for the opposing team. You are not going to find anyone in KY (at least) that is a more tenacious defender.

With a kid who is as athletic and hustles as much as Arrez, he is going to be successful at whatever level he winds up at.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is young Mr. Henderson as good as Preston Knowles (now doing well at UL) was as a high school senior? Maybe that might be a basis for comparison and shed some light on the topic under discussion.

Probably not. Preston was an incredible offensive player and was quick enough to cause problems on defense. While Arrez has him on the defensive side and is a little bigger, I don't know if he has a 3-point shot as incredible as Preston's.

I'm sure those guys know too. L-Tech is in the news so much nowadays...

I know for a fact that L-Tech has contacted him, just because it isn't on here or you don't hear about it in the news doesn't mean it didn't happen. Not sure what type of offers or anything but he does a few offers from D1 and D2 schools.

As far as the comparisons to Ramel, coming out of HS I would give the advantage to Bradley in ball handling, quickness, shooting. I would give Arrez the advantage in strength, jumping, defense, and finishing strong inside.

Very good points, most kids coming out of high school struggle on the defensive side. Arrez knows how to move his feet, he knows how to get around screens and his work ethic is a step above most high school seniors. His offensive game is very underrated and his ball handling isn't as bad as most people seem to think. During his time at Holmes Arrez has chosen to get his team involved, he's not looking to put up 30 points every night. Arrez can play D1 and contribute just by locking down the other teams best player, just because he is undersized doesn't mean he can't play at the highest level. On the D1 level arrez would start off as a defender shutting down the opposing teams point guard, his point guard skills would continue to develop and by the time he is a senior I believe his game would be well rounded. I believe his game will speak for itself come sweet 16 time and he will open the eyes of many D1 coaches.

Arrez is a great defender and makes baskets from his defensive efforts and helps his team around him get involved and better. In the same breath he can take over and score 25 every night. He is intense. I am a Bluebird fan and am glad he is graduating this year. I think he would be a great fit in the Big Ten(Wisconsin, Minn) a system like that that plays great D and has a high % of transitions baskets. I once heard he was offered a scholly from NKU,

Some people are big UK fans. Cameron Mills could have played a lot of places at a lower level. There have been several come through like that. I dont see why you would say a kid is on an ego trip for thinking about walking on at his favorite school. Heck, we still remember guys like Heissenbuttel and Svoboda to this day. Do you think we would ever talk about them if they had went to Transy, etc. You set yourself up for good things being with the UK program.

Sorry, we just don't think the same. So you would rather go to Ky, practice every day to be used on defense, never get in a game,(RIDE THE PINE), pay all that money to go to school there, than go to Morehead or Eastern and play and get a free education. By the way, what's the name of the walk on that got kicked off the Ky team last month without asking or looking it up. They announced that he had been kicked off and that's the first time I ever heard of him and I am a Ky fan and watch them every game. Just because you go to ky doesn't necessarily mean you're set up for life .argue:

This isn't meant to be an attack on the young man at all, but in this day and age schools also look at the kids grades to see if they want to recruit them much less sign them. Are his grades okay?

Arrez grades are very good. He got a 26 on his ACT and has a 3.5 + gpa taking advanced classes.

The kid gets it done both in the class and on the court.

Sorry, we just don't think the same. So you would rather go to Ky, practice every day to be used on defense, never get in a game,(RIDE THE PINE), pay all that money to go to school there, than go to Morehead or Eastern and play and get a free education. By the way, what's the name of the walk on that got kicked off the Ky team last month without asking or looking it up. They announced that he had been kicked off and that's the first time I ever heard of him and I am a Ky fan and watch them every game. Just because you go to ky doesn't necessarily mean you're set up for life .argue:

I'm not in that situation, so I'm really not sure. If a kid comes to UK to walk on, especially an in-state guy, he can very much so set himself up for great things after college. If the kid gets a reputation of staying out of trouble, being a hard worker, and being personable with the media and fans I would say it is very likely he could set himself up for a lot of things after college. Tons of business love to have a face from the UK program to associate with their business.

You didn't hear about Dusty Mills, because he is a completely different scenario. Dusty is from Ohio or Indiana. Whichever it is, he is not an in-state kid. Also, he won the walk on tryout prior to the season. It isnt like he was a kid that was a very good high school player with a following of in-state fans and was asked to walk on to the team.

It doesnt mean you are set for life, but you can point yourself in that direction if you do and say the right things. If you are an above average player at any of the other state schools besides UK or UL, you really have no chance at saying something like that is an option.

Henderson isnt even a top 10 player in the sweet 16. He would be a good DII player.

There are not 10 better players in the sweet 16 than Arrez Henderson...

Does anyone know the small DI looks he's getting? I read La. Tech on here and have heard that Dayton had some interest somewhere else but don't know if there is any validity to that...

Today (Sunday, March 16th) at the Northern Kentucky Coaches Association Banquet, Arrez Henderson was honored as the 9th Region Player of the Year.

He was also named the Division I Player of the Year and the Division I Defensive Player of the Year.

This certainly speaks well for the esteem in which he is held by his peers and all of the Northern Kentucky coaches.

Congratulations!

Today (Sunday, March 16th) at the Northern Kentucky Coaches Association Banquet, Arrez Henderson was honored as the 9th Region Player of the Year.

He was also named the Division I Player of the Year and the Division I Defensive Player of the Year.

This certainly speaks well for the esteem in which he is held by his peers and all of the Northern Kentucky coaches.

Congratulations!

Congratulations to Arrez. He was well deserving of all of these accolades. Good worker and all around nice young man.