February 24, 200818 yr UT won't win it all. You can mark that down. There is a difference between saying they won't win it all and saying they have no chance of winning it all. They have a talented team, and are capable of winning it all, but they are also a streaky team. They are off and on. The way they played tonight, they will be able to beat a lot of teams, and that was without Lofton being "on". Add him to the mix, and they would be extremely hard to beat. I think they have the opportunity to win it all this year and make a deep run, but I don't know...something's telling me they'll fall short.
February 24, 200818 yr This was the biggest win ever for the Tennessee Basketball program.Congratulations Vols fans.
February 24, 200818 yr They rely too heavily on 3. I agree. I think a team with a inside big man like UNC would give UT trouble.
February 24, 200818 yr UT won't win it all. You can mark that down. You know what you might be right, I never said they will win it all. I mean its hard to go through that tournament and be the Champion. However they do have a GREAT chance to win it, and definitely have the team capable of winning. So you saying they had no chance to win it all was wrong IMO, because they have definitely have a chance and a very good chance at that. They are one of the best teams in the whole country like it or not.
February 24, 200818 yr You know what you might be right, I never said they will win it all. I mean its hard to go through that tournament and be the Champion. However they do have a GREAT chance to win it, and definitely have the team capable of winning. So you saying they had no chance to win it all was wrong IMO, because they have definitely have a chance and a very good chance at that. They are one of the best teams in the whole country like it or not. If I had to pick a team to win it, I would start with UNC with Lawson then UCLA, then Texas, then UT.
February 24, 200818 yr I agree. I think a team with a inside big man like UNC would give UT trouble. True, but once again they HAD osu beat last year, and they had the best big man in the country in Oden. So they showed they definitely can beat a team with a good big man, and actually should have last year but just blew it. Not to mention this UT is even better than that UT last year that blew it against osu.
February 24, 200818 yr UT wins despite a rough night from their "star." Do they need him? They'll need him to get through the first 2 weekends. If they advance further they'll need him, but you don't know if he'll show up or not...
February 24, 200818 yr Why does Lofton always disappear against teams with great athletes? Because he is not a superior athlete and can not shake that constant pressure defense.
February 24, 200818 yr True, but once again they HAD osu beat last year, and they had the best big man in the country in Oden. So they showed they definitely can beat a team with a good big man, and actually should have last year but just blew it. Not to mention this UT is even better than that UT last year that blew it against osu. Thats true UT is better this year, but, I think a team that can control tempo and work in down to a big man or inside game will give UT some trouble.
February 24, 200818 yr Congrats to coach Pearl and his Vols on tonights victory. This was a hard fought victory and a well deserved one at that. He has turned this team into a phenomonal program! The vols play Vandy at Vandy on tuesday night this should be a pretty good test for these guys to see if they can hold on to the top spot for awhile.
February 24, 200818 yr A game like this shows why college basketball is better than the NBA. True. The NBA is getting alot better with all the trades. Probley the NBA Final's viewing will be WAY up this year.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.