Tennessee 66 Memphis 62

Original Rookie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UT won't win it all. You can mark that down.

There is a difference between saying they won't win it all and saying they have no chance of winning it all. They have a talented team, and are capable of winning it all, but they are also a streaky team. They are off and on. The way they played tonight, they will be able to beat a lot of teams, and that was without Lofton being "on". Add him to the mix, and they would be extremely hard to beat. I think they have the opportunity to win it all this year and make a deep run, but I don't know...something's telling me they'll fall short.

UT won't win it all. You can mark that down.

You know what you might be right, I never said they will win it all. I mean its hard to go through that tournament and be the Champion. However they do have a GREAT chance to win it, and definitely have the team capable of winning. So you saying they had no chance to win it all was wrong IMO, because they have definitely have a chance and a very good chance at that. They are one of the best teams in the whole country like it or not.

You know what you might be right, I never said they will win it all. I mean its hard to go through that tournament and be the Champion. However they do have a GREAT chance to win it, and definitely have the team capable of winning. So you saying they had no chance to win it all was wrong IMO, because they have definitely have a chance and a very good chance at that. They are one of the best teams in the whole country like it or not.

If I had to pick a team to win it, I would start with UNC with Lawson then UCLA, then Texas, then UT.

I agree. I think a team with a inside big man like UNC would give UT trouble.

True, but once again they HAD osu beat last year, and they had the best big man in the country in Oden. So they showed they definitely can beat a team with a good big man, and actually should have last year but just blew it. Not to mention this UT is even better than that UT last year that blew it against osu.

True, but once again they HAD osu beat last year, and they had the best big man in the country in Oden. So they showed they definitely can beat a team with a good big man, and actually should have last year but just blew it. Not to mention this UT is even better than that UT last year that blew it against osu.

Thats true UT is better this year, but, I think a team that can control tempo and work in down to a big man or inside game will give UT some trouble.

Congrats to coach Pearl and his Vols on tonights victory. This was a hard fought victory and a well deserved one at that. He has turned this team into a phenomonal program! The vols play Vandy at Vandy on tuesday night this should be a pretty good test for these guys to see if they can hold on to the top spot for awhile.