Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 66 Memphis 62

Featured Replies

Gentlemen, there is a Lofton in the NBA thread. Let's get back to the game, between Memphis and Tennessee.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never said that. You just don't know what your talking about. It took a total team effort to shut him down tonight. There is not one player that can shut Chris down one on one for a whole game. He was shut down. It was one game. He will bounce back and have a big week this week playing Vandy and UK.

 

I'm talking about the NBA and I dont know what I'm talking about? :lol:

 

It took one guy making a committment to him to shut him down tonight. Not the team effort you allude to.

 

Not one player? Not one? Not Kobe, Bruce Bowen? Heck, I'd say Mike Dunleavy shuts him down...

Great win.:thumb: It's not been a good year for teams with perfect records...

 

I think Pearl likes Andrews.

 

As to this, I'd say Bruce Pearl probably likes alot of chicks;).

I'm talking about the NBA and I dont know what I'm talking about? :lol:

 

It took one guy making a committment to him to shut him down tonight. Not the team effort you allude to.

 

Not one player? Not one? Not Kobe, Bruce Bowen? Heck, I'd say Mike Dunleavy shuts him down...

 

Thats the thing in the NBA he wont be the main focus AT ALL. Yeah if he had guys like that guarding him and focusing on him only, then he would be shut down all day and all night. However those guys won't be focusing on him, and when someone drives the lane, those guys would help out a little bit and not just stay with him like they did tonight. As I said before its not what you said about just him going against athletic guys that shut him down. Its about when he has guys dedicated to shuting him down is when he does bad. As I said before even Patrick Sparks shut him down for one half by just staying with Lofton and not helping out at all on anyone else on defense that game. I mean we also seen Bradley do that in the game earlier in the year against UT, he just stayed with him all night. I be honest I really don't know why more teams don't do that, because that is the key to stopping Lofton. But as I said in the NBA, you probably won't see a team dedicating themselves and having just one player stick on him the whole time and not helping anyone else on defense. Which would allow him to be able to spot up sometimes and get off his shot. That is why I think he will be a decent role player in the NBA in time. I don't think anyone will say that he will be a great one in the NBA though because he definitely wont be.

Awesome game! Glad to the the Vols pull out the W. As OR pointed out, the rebounding differential was huge and surprising. Bruce Pearl is flat out awesome, I really like him! :thumb:

 

He is awesome! I mean I really don't know why some people hate the guy. I think he is just a great coach, and would just be fun to play for.

Never would have thought that this game would be in the 60's.

I think it was an exciting game, but I saw two very, very beatable teams on the floor tonight.

  • Author
I think it was an exciting game, but I saw two very, very beatable teams on the floor tonight.

 

:thumb:

Great win for Tennessee. IMO they are the best team in the country at this point of the season.

I think it was an exciting game, but I saw two very, very beatable teams on the floor tonight.

 

From what I have seen the last couple of weeks there are a LOT of beatable teams in the top 25!!!! So far,I have not seen ONE team that stands out to me to win it all...they all have a chink in their armor that can come up and bite them come tourney time,whether it's defending the post,defending the three,depending too much on the three or one player or poor free throw shooting.

I look for a LOT of 1st and 2nd round upsets this year!!!

Joey Dorsey needs to keep his cool a little better. It seems he was agitated pretty much the whole game. The Vols wanted it more.

Great win for Tennessee. IMO they are the best team in the country at this point of the season.

 

The only thing that suggests that is their number 1 ranking infront of their name right now.

Great win for Tennessee. IMO they are the best team in the country at this point of the season.

 

I disagree. I feel that Carolina or Louisville are the best right now.

I still say UCLA is the best team in the country.

I disagree. I feel that Carolina or Louisville are the best right now.

 

I'll agree with you for the most part RP. I'll agree that Louisville is one of the better teams in the NCAA right now. But not Carolina. I'd have to say that Louisville,Tennessee and Memphis are probably the best teams thus far.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.