Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 66 Memphis 62

Featured Replies

If I had to pick a team to win it, I would start with UNC with Lawson then UCLA, then Texas, then UT.

 

So you start of saying they have no chance to win it all, then say mark it down they won't win it at all. And now you say that you think in your opinion that they have the 4th best shot to win it all? So if you really think that, I confused why you say mark it down that UT wont win it all. Because you even just admit you think UT is a great team, and with how unpredictable the NCAA tournament. I don't see how you can be so confident that one of the other three teams you mentioned would win it before UT? Don't get me wrong I not saying you will be wrong, because you might be right. Your just confusing me with how you can be so sure that they won win it, and then say well you have them having the 4th best shot to win it.

  • Replies 80
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thats true UT is better this year, but, I think a team that can control tempo and work in down to a big man or inside game will give UT some trouble.

 

I mean I do agree there, I do think a team who has a good big man and who could control tempo would give UT trouble. But that doesn't mean UT would lose, because they have a good enough team to overcome that this year.

Why does Lofton always disappear against teams with great athletes?

 

Is this a trick question? I think you answered it for yourself. Lofton is only 6'2", how tall was the guy guarding him tonight? I think around 6'7". When he's got someone that tall that is also athletic I'd think it would be natural to struggle. He sure can't shoot over him and when the guy is as athletic as Douglas-Roberts he can't exactly drive by him either.

Very nice win for the Vols and the SEC. The UT-Vandy tilt should be a doozy. Vandy has played lights out at home all year but UT is very good.

Is this a trick question? I think you answered it for yourself. Lofton is only 6'2", how tall was the guy guarding him tonight? I think around 6'7". When he's got someone that tall that is also athletic I'd think it would be natural to struggle. He sure can't shoot over him and when the guy is as athletic as Douglas-Roberts he can't exactly drive by him either.

 

I have to wonder if a guy like Derrick Rose, about the same height, would disappear with CDR on him. I'm going to say probably not.

Is this a trick question? I think you answered it for yourself. Lofton is only 6'2", how tall was the guy guarding him tonight? I think around 6'7". When he's got someone that tall that is also athletic I'd think it would be natural to struggle. He sure can't shoot over him and when the guy is as athletic as Douglas-Roberts he can't exactly drive by him either.

 

Was Douglas-Roberts the one guarding him? Because everytime I watched Lofton, it seemed to me that it was not Douglas-Roberts guarding him?

Very entertaining game to watch and just another reason why College Basketball is so enjoyable.

Why does Lofton always disappear against teams with great athletes?

 

He did have 34 points last year against the same team. Only differences are Rose, (who didnt guard him), Tyler Smith and JP Prince, (who should open more shots for him).

 

He was shut down all night. He continued to play though he wasnt shooting well. Around the 10 minute mark, when Prince went off for a couple minutes, his last dunk was a result of a hustle play by Lofton.

 

Another game I remember is his freshman year in the Maui Invitational. He scored 23ish points against North Carolina and thier championship team. They didn't have any athletes did they?

I have to wonder if a guy like Derrick Rose, about the same height, would disappear with CDR on him. I'm going to say probably not.

 

Rose is a better athlete and different type of player than Lofton.

Is this a trick question? I think you answered it for yourself. Lofton is only 6'2", how tall was the guy guarding him tonight? I think around 6'7". When he's got someone that tall that is also athletic I'd think it would be natural to struggle. He sure can't shoot over him and when the guy is as athletic as Douglas-Roberts he can't exactly drive by him either.

 

Lofton hit some huge shots over Durant last year against Texas, and led them to a win....and he's not exactly small, and definitely what you call a great athlete.

 

They shut him down with good defense, which helped open things up for other players. Tennessee, though, needs to work on getting him the ball in transition and setting better screens, that would help against a better defensive team. Regardless, they won virtually without him, and that makes it even more impressive.

I have to wonder if a guy like Derrick Rose, about the same height, would disappear with CDR on him. I'm going to say probably not.

 

Rose and Lofton have completly opposite games. Rose is a driver and Lofton a shooter. Evidently Lofton played a big enough part for his team to get the W.

Lofton hit some huge shots over Durant last year against Texas, and led them to a win....and he's not exactly small, and definitely what you call a great athlete.

 

They shut him down with good defense, which helped open things up for other players. Tennessee, though, needs to work on getting him the ball in transition and setting better screens, that would help against a better defensive team. Regardless, they won virtually without him, and that makes it even more impressive.

 

I agree completely. They played great defense of him all night. This also took the pressure off the other players too.

Rose and Lofton have completly opposite games. Rose is a driver and Lofton a shooter. Evidently Lofton played a big enough part for his team to get the W.

 

While they are different, it was simply explained that because of his size he couldnt get anything done. You do realize almost every 2 in the NBA is at least 6'5?

Was Douglas-Roberts the one guarding him? Because everytime I watched Lofton, it seemed to me that it was not Douglas-Roberts guarding him?

 

To be honest we were at a bar playing trivia, listening to the band and trying to watch the ballgame. Anderson may have been on him more than Douglas-Roberts but even so he's 6'6".

Lofton hit some huge shots over Durant last year against Texas, and led them to a win....and he's not exactly small, and definitely what you call a great athlete.

 

They shut him down with good defense, which helped open things up for other players. Tennessee, though, needs to work on getting him the ball in transition and setting better screens, that would help against a better defensive team. Regardless, they won virtually without him, and that makes it even more impressive.

 

 

If I'm not mistaken I think Lofton dropped 34 pts on Memphis last year. So with that being said I'll agree Lofton is a stud a big player for Bruce Pearl! :thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.