Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sampson out as IU coach. Settlement reached.

Featured Replies

IU's administration deserves what they get over this, but I don't see the justification to dump on the fans or the players. They did not ask for this. I recall the fan base being skeptical of the Sampson hire from day one. And I don't hear many IU fans saying that the impermissible phone calls were a frame job or other crazy crap that we've heard from fans of other programs caught red-handed...

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured this would happen to him. I also disagree with him getting paid for cheating, but that's how it goes.

Hopefully Indiana and its players can get past this and concentrate on finishing a remarkable season.

IU's administration deserves what they get over this, but I don't see the justification to dump on the fans or the players. They did not ask for this. I recall the fan base being skeptical of the Sampson hire from day one. And I don't hear many IU fans saying that the impermissible phone calls were a frame job or other crazy crap that we've heard from fans of other programs caught red-handed...

Did anyone read Rick Bozich's column where he said IU hired a search firm for their hire and the top three were: Mark Few, Tubby Smith, and Kelvin Sampson?

Few wasnt going to leave the west coast and Tubby and IU negotiated for a while, but they were not close on money so he walked away. So OTS was looking to get out a full year before he actually did leave. Interesting.

Did anyone read Rick Bozich's column where he said IU hired a search firm for their hire and the top three were: Mark Few, Tubby Smith, and Kelvin Sampson?

Few wasnt going to leave the west coast and Tubby and IU negotiated for a while, but they were not close on money so he walked away. So OTS was looking to get out a full year before he actually did leave. Interesting.

Tubby negotiated, or his agent?

 

I don't know if you can say this shows Tubby was looking... it shows IU was looking, and Tubby (or more likely IMO Tubby's agent) at least heard their offer.

Tubby negotiated, or his agent?

 

I don't know if you can say this shows Tubby was looking... it shows IU was looking, and Tubby (or more likely IMO Tubby's agent) at least heard their offer.

Negotiated is probably a bit strong.

It wasn't in Bozich's column, but on his radio show.

Said OTS was very very interested and that their were discussions. 'm sure it was with the agent and OTS was probably very in tune with the ongoings of it.

I don't think anyone is asking anyone to feel sorry for IU or it's fans.

 

Just ready to move on...

 

Do you think that IU will wait until the season's over to actually pick a new coach, or find one & then just announce it after the NCAA Final Four?

Do you think that IU will wait until the season's over to actually pick a new coach, or find one & then just announce it after the NCAA Final Four?

 

I think they will wait until the season is over to try and keep any further disruptions to a minumim. This team is on a pretty good roll and any further distractions would not be wise. It was reported that several players didn't show up for practice yesterday and I just hope they get this behind them. I am not their favorite fan but I would hate to see the team flounder because of this situation. Sampson was out either way after the reports of infractions. Lesson learned and money well spent.

So, will the team be penalized now? Will that be for next season? How will that part work?

Do you think that IU will wait until the season's over to actually pick a new coach, or find one & then just announce it after the NCAA Final Four?

The process will start in the next week.

So, will the team be penalized now? Will that be for next season? How will that part work?

Find out in June.

I don't see any way that the team will not be penalized. It will help a little bit that CKS is gone.

  • Author

No way they could think about announcing a coach before the season was over anyway. Not unless they were gonna hire Steve Lavin or Bobby Knight. Gotta wait til teams are done and guys will talk to ya.

No way they could think about announcing a coach before the season was over anyway. Not unless they were gonna hire Steve Lavin or Bobby Knight. Gotta wait til teams are done and guys will talk to ya.

Don't kid yourself, guys will talk now.

  • Author
Don't kid yourself, guys will talk now.

 

I agree to an extent. While games are being played it is mostly going to be agents doing the talking. You also have to agree that no current coach is going to announce he is going to IU before the season is over.

 

I almost have to believe no guy that doesnt have IU ties is going to want to commit to taking the job before the sanctions are determined anyway.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.