NKU President to make Major Announcement

JOHNDUNHOFT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is just my opinion, that is all. I am sure financially they will make a great deal of money and in the end I guess that is the most important thing. It will bring much more to the university that is certain!

I am thinking from a athletic standpoint mostly and I guess I should have been more clear. NKU has been kind of the cream of the crop in their league--division. Now you become a very small fish in a very large bowl!

I would say none at first, but OVC would be a good fit eventually.

I thought they didn't want to commit to Division 1 until they knew what conference they would be placed in?

While I understand that you don't see a lot of D-2 schools w/ 10,000 seat arenas. I thought they looked into it and decided it wasn't worth it. Does this affect the current recruiting that Beez has been doing?

I thought they didn't want to commit to Division 1 until they knew what conference they would be placed in?

While I understand that you don't see a lot of D-2 schools w/ 10,000 seat arenas. I thought they looked into it and decided it wasn't worth it. Does this affect the current recruiting that Beez has been doing?

Maybe something is up with them and the OVC? The OVC is losing Samford next season putting them at 10 members. You need 12 for divisions so the rumor is that the league is adding 2 teams (ETSU, Belmont, or Lipscomb) to give them 12. In 2011-12 Jacksonville State will probably move to I-A and that will give the OVC room for a 12th member (NKU).

You could have North/South divisions

North

NKU

EKU

Murray

Morehead

Eastern Illinois

SEMO

South

Austin Peay

Tenn. St.

Tenn Tech

UT-Martin

Belmont

ETSU (Lipscomb)

I think you guys might be getting carried away with the D1 stuff. Sounds like the announcement might be just about the game with U of L. This is from the Enquirer:

Northern Kentucky University is expected to announce this evening that it will play the University of Louisville in a men’s and women’s basketball double-header next season as it opens the new Bank of Kentucky Center.

NKU President Dr. James Votruba will make "a major announcement" during halftime at tonight's men's basketball game, the university said in a statement.

Votruba's announcement "will be of historic significance for NKU basketball and the opening of the Bank of Kentucky Center this November," according to the statement.

Full Story

It is just my opinion, that is all. I am sure financially they will make a great deal of money and in the end I guess that is the most important thing. It will bring much more to the university that is certain!

I am thinking from a athletic standpoint mostly and I guess I should have been more clear. NKU has been kind of the cream of the crop in their league--division. Now you become a very small fish in a very large bowl!

OVC not ACC! I think NKU would fit perfectly.

I think you guys might be getting carried away with the D1 stuff. Sounds like the announcement might be just about the game with U of L. This is from the Enquirer:

Northern Kentucky University is expected to announce this evening that it will play the University of Louisville in a men’s and women’s basketball double-header next season as it opens the new Bank of Kentucky Center.

NKU President Dr. James Votruba will make "a major announcement" during halftime at tonight's men's basketball game, the university said in a statement.

Votruba's announcement "will be of historic significance for NKU basketball and the opening of the Bank of Kentucky Center this November," according to the statement.

Full Story

And that's probably it. Their first game in their new arena will be against UL.

...and they average about 1000 fans per game as a result of this winning.