NKU President to make Major Announcement

JOHNDUNHOFT

I agree. You don't want to bring in Wilmington to open your new 9500 seat arena and have 1142 people show up.

I agree, I think this helps the school, the athletic program, and also the new Bank of Kentucky center, like I said they've gotta love this for a VERY SOLID starting point.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKU won't go D1 for atleast another 8 years. A football team is in the 10 year plan. I've spoken with the president a few times about it all. The plan is to first get a NCAA sanctioned hockey team, then field a intramural football team. From there they will eventually buy up the Hampton Farms apartments to keep expanding. All of that land is owned by NKU. Eventually the turnabout won't be there anymore and the road that runs through the campus now will be shut down and tore up to make room for more buildings. The apartments next to skyline chili have already been acquired by NKU to use for Greek housing next year.

It will be probably 12-15 years before NKU is officially D1 in every sport as right now they have a few intramural teams to get sanctioned first. They will start out in D1 AA then move to D1 A. What some don't realize is the success their soccer team had this year, is a huge step toward getting a football team.

This isn't going to be just for Greeks. Only about 1/4 to 1/3 will be Greek tops.

It will be in wings. But you are correct. I was just saying that it would be used for Greek housing. It will be made available for those who choose to live there rather than in the dorms on the other side of campus.