Elliott Co. losing

Elliott suffers its first 16th region loss of the season. Could easily happen again in regular season. Likely could happen again in tournament play.

Several people seem to be really excited about the loss....and that's great too--it helps makes high school sports spirited.

I don't see Elliott posters making excuses, whining, or crying foul. It seems to me that is was a clear-cut Rose Hill win. I think the majority of us accept it as that.

Overall I think it was a great loss for our team and fans. The old adage "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" will hopefully hold true.

I would much rather lose this game than game one of the districts.

Objectivelly (and I know this isn't possible for some of the less mature posters), does the loss help or hurt Elliott with the rest of the season.

I say help.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the rest of the state views Elliot County as a good team in a weak region, that dominates their local competition, but are slightly inferior to the true high quality teams around the state.

Being a small school they are entitled to their jubilation and newly-found power of domination, but they are definitely big fish in their small pond.

Were they located in the 11th Region, I doubt that there would be that much stir about the "boys from Sandy Hook."

Most of us in NoKy felt that Covington Catholic would beat Elliot County somewhat comfortably in the 5th/3rd, which they did. CovCath is one of about four "good" teams here in the 9th Region, and certainly not really considered a major state power. Elliot is nowhere on the same planet as a Mason County from the 10th, Scott County or Bryan Station from the 11th, or several of the quality Louisville teams.

Enjoy your success! Don't make them out to be something that they are not, and if they get to Rupp, cross your fingers that they don't draw in with a true statewide contender, or it will be a short stay.

I wonder how many people had EC winning the 16th Region ALL A Contest! :scared:

Elliott County, Kentucky

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Elliott County, Kentucky

Map

Location in the state of Kentucky

Kentucky's location in the USA

Statistics

Founded 1869

Seat Sandy Hook

Area

- Total

- Land

- Water

235 sq mi (609 km²)

234 sq mi (606 km²)

1 sq mi (3 km²), 0.53%

Population

- (2000)

- Density

29/sq mi (11/km²)

Time zone Eastern: UTC-5/-4

Named for: John Lisle Elliott or John Milton Elliott (1820–1885), legislators.

Elliott County is a county located in the U.S. state of Kentucky. It was formed in 1869. As of 2000, the population is 6,748. Its county seat is Sandy Hook, Kentucky

I'll guess 6748 :walk:

Elliott County, Kentucky

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Elliott County, Kentucky

Map

Location in the state of Kentucky

Kentucky's location in the USA

Statistics

Founded 1869

Seat Sandy Hook

Area

- Total

- Land

- Water

235 sq mi (609 km²)

234 sq mi (606 km²)

1 sq mi (3 km²), 0.53%

Population

- (2000)

- Density

29/sq mi (11/km²)

Time zone Eastern: UTC-5/-4

Named for: John Lisle Elliott or John Milton Elliott (1820–1885), legislators.

Elliott County is a county located in the U.S. state of Kentucky. It was formed in 1869. As of 2000, the population is 6,748. Its county seat is Sandy Hook, Kentucky

I'll guess 6748 :walk:

My gad, the subdivision that I live in, is more populated than what the entire County of Elliott is! Please understand, I am not knocking the good people of Elliott County, or the school, or anything, but I am truly surprised to read that the population of the county is so small. Really, I knew it was a small (population) county, but less than 7000? Wow!!!

Again, please understand this isn't a knock/jab or anything, I am truly surprised at how small Elliott County is! I learned something today.

My gad, the subdivision that I live in, is more populated than what the entire County of Elliott is! Please understand, I am not knocking the good people of Elliott County, or the school, or anything, but I am truly surprised to read that the population of the county is so small. Really, I knew it was a small (population) county, but less than 7000? Wow!!!

Again, please understand this isn't a knock/jab or anything, I am truly surprised at how small Elliott County is! I learned something today.

http://ksdc.louisville.edu/kpr/popest/coest2006byrank.xls

And there are nine counties that have fewer residents than Elliott; including the 10th Region's Robertson County (Deming is the school), with fewer than 2,400. Nicholas County is also in the 10th Region, with fewer residents than Elliott County.

http://ksdc.louisville.edu/kpr/popest/coest2006byrank.xls

And there are nine that have fewer residents than Elliott; including the 10th Region's Robertson County (Deming is the school), with fewer than 2,400.

Thanks mcpapa and I knew about Robertson being so very small but not about Elliott. Seems strange to have so many Counties smaller than the subdivision that I live in but thats for an entire different thread!

Elliott suffers its first 16th region loss of the season. Could easily happen again in regular season. Likely could happen again in tournament play.

Several people seem to be really excited about the loss....and that's great too--it helps makes high school sports spirited.

I don't see Elliott posters making excuses, whining, or crying foul. It seems to me that is was a clear-cut Rose Hill win. I think the majority of us accept it as that.

Overall I think it was a great loss for our team and fans. The old adage "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" will hopefully hold true.

I would much rather lose this game than game one of the districts.

Objectivelly (and I know this isn't possible for some of the less mature posters), does the loss help or hurt Elliott with the rest of the season.

I say help.

I think fans outside of Rose Hill are happy because it gives them hope.

If you learn from losses they can be beneficial but Elliott may have lost their "intemidation factor".

I think it can help them but I think they have a major issue that needs to be addressed and if it's not it could ultimately be their downfall.

As a Rose Hill fan I will take the win. If, and that is still a big if, Rose Hill makes it to Richmond it will be a great accomplishment. I personally think the class A tournament is as tough as the regular region this season.

The loss can be a good or bad thing. EC will either refocus, and remain as the regional frontrunner, while realizing that they cannot take good teams lightly. Or, which I dont really think this will happen, but it is a possiblity, the blame game could be their downfall. Elliott lost because of a few factors, 1. Rose Hill is a good team and must have had a great game plan, 2. They were cold. 3. Like it or not, they didn't think that a team could realistically beat them in this region, which i credit to most of their posters on here and not the players or even the coaches. When you are 16 or 17 years old and all you hear is that you are invincible that gets in your head no matter how well grounded you are. Personally, I think this loss will help them because i doubt if they will take anyone lightly for the rest of the season and play every game as if they were playing Mason County or Lexington Catholic.

I agree with Mustang is saying that Elliott is a good team but not an elite team. They are probably the best team we have to offer from our region, but the lack the true post presence, and overall depth of the tops in the state. Elite teams usually CAN play 10 or 11 men over the course of the game and not lose much.