Elliott Co. losing

I am very confused because this had nothing to do with the regional tournament.....
Maybe not a "real" regional tournament like the kind you BIG schools with all your tradition are so proud about hanging banners from your illustrious past. But the All A is a legitimate regional tournament for little puny schools that have no business seriously competing with the BIG boys.

Do you work at being condescending or is it just a gift? :lol:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Central KY resident 120 miles away I still believe in this team and won't quit them with a few losses. The county statistics show they are a TRUE small school (private schools don't count as a TRUE small school) and that gives all the little guys a chance still. I have read all the books on Milan HS (Hoosiers) run and the great Bobby Plump. Elliott brings back memories (for me) of the King Kelly Wayland Team and the Carr Creek's of the 50s. I have been to 10 straight State Tourneys (all games) and I'm tired of Goliath (large schools) dominating the tournament. I always root for the little mountain schools, but as of late they haven't won many. Elliott gives us dreamers of a by gone era a ray of hope again.

In all fairness Elliott has just had one true test (outside the region) and that was Cov Cath and they lost. Really can't base your whole evaluation on 1 or 2 games. The 2-12 game at Mason County should be real test #2 and measuring stick #2. They did beat a good Grace Academy, TN team that had two D-1 players that were 6'10" and 6'8". They just haven't had enough games against top 10 teams to make a true evaluation. If I was the coach I would have scheduled 3 or 4 more Lex. Cath's, Bryan Station's, Scott County's, etc. But, maybe nobody wants to play little nobody from nowhere. That I don't know. Anyway, good luck Lions!! The dreamers and little guys are still believing in miracles even if they seemed to have faded away the last 40 years.

A true top five team doesn’t show up with a potential regional title on the line and take the night off. I don’t think Elliott slacked at all. The Elliott kids played their tails off. Rose Hill was just not intimidated by a number 5 ranking, and flat out took it to Elliott. RH had just played a top five team from Georgia to a two point margin, and the number 2 team from Mississippi to a 10 point game. It’s hard to be intimidated by 6-1s and 6-2s when you’ve been playing 6-5s and 6-7s that play hard too and can jump out of the gym.

RH broke the EC press and pressure with enough proficiency to control the ball and the pace. RH was able to play EC in a tough man defense that frustrated EC. RH did what it took to win. EC is a very good team. They learn from this loss and improve. RH has been learning from losses to very good teams all season, maybe they can start learning from wins too.

Elliott lost the game not because Rose Hill dominated them, but because they had a very off night. Some of the Elliott fans made the comment during the warm ups that Elliott was not shooting the ball well and would possibly lose. Elliott shot 28% from the field and it was a 1pt ball game with 56 seconds left, that does'nt sound like domination to me, and does'nt say much for Rose Hill. Those that say Elliott did'nt have open looks evidently was not at the game, because Ferguson who was 2 of 15 from the field had several wide open looks that did'nt fall, as did others. They missed 11 shot within 3 ft of the goal. Rose Hill gave them their best shot and barely squeaked out a win, so the fans and posters should'nt be too egotistical, when it was a 1 point game with 56 seconds left, and Rose Hill being one of the big boys playing a little old puny school as Elliott county. Were you even at the game "Mole"?

As an Elliott fan I personally don't care where they are ranked. It is nice to get some statewide recognition, but all that should matter is the trip to Rupp and the trip to Richmond. The latter goal is now gone and the team should and will refocus on March. We all know how much rankings mean when it comes to tournament time. I really do not think that they will have too many games where they go 16-70 from the field. It is amazing to me and a credit to the team that they got as close as they did to Rose Hill with that type of shooting performance. We can only hope that the whole team will now realize that for a running, smallish team to continue to excel they must all play with the heart and determination that got them to Rupp last year. The leaders on that team know that talent will only get you so far and it will take some old fashioned guts and intensity to keep them on top.

Elliott lost the game not because Rose Hill dominated them, but because they had a very off night. Some of the Elliott fans made the comment during the warm ups that Elliott was not shooting the ball well and would possibly lose. Elliott shot 28% from the field and it was a 1pt ball game with 56 seconds left, that does'nt sound like domination to me, and does'nt say much for Rose Hill. Those that say Elliott did'nt have open looks evidently was not at the game, because Ferguson who was 2 of 15 from the field had several wide open looks that did'nt fall, as did others. They missed 11 shot within 3 ft of the goal. Rose Hill gave them their best shot and barely squeaked out a win, so the fans and posters should'nt be too egotistical, when it was a 1 point game with 56 seconds left, and Rose Hill being one of the big boys playing a little old puny school as Elliott county. Were you even at the game "Mole"?

Lord knows that Don King is for the underdog. More excitement. And although Rose Hill was the underdog in this game, it seems that even though they won, you Elliott guys and gals can't suffice to say,,"Hats off to you for the effort and congratulations". But instead, all I hear are excuses. When Roy Jones Jr. lost for the first time, he didn't say "I was robbed, he stunk and I let him beat me". No, Roy said "I got hit on the chin and that was that". You guys act like Rose Hill played the perfect game. That couldn't be farther from the truth. You Elliott folk should learn to handle adversity. Heck, you had your own video, your own parade through town, and you have your own personal politician. Pick up the pieces, salute the victor, can the excuses, strap it up and go hard the rest of the way and show what your made of.

Heck, the popcorn is so good at Bath Co. I wish some of you would come on back to "The Big Chill in Owingsville, Part II" on Friday.

Only in America, baby!!:banana:

As an Elliott fan I personally don't care where they are ranked. It is nice to get some statewide recognition, but all that should matter is the trip to Rupp and the trip to Richmond. The latter goal is now gone and the team should and will refocus on March. We all know how much rankings mean when it comes to tournament time. I really do not think that they will have too many games where they go 16-70 from the field. It is amazing to me and a credit to the team that they got as close as they did to Rose Hill with that type of shooting performance. We can only hope that the whole team will now realize that for a running, smallish team to continue to excel they must all play with the heart and determination that got them to Rupp last year. The leaders on that team know that talent will only get you so far and it will take some old fashioned guts and intensity to keep them on top.

Now that's a response from a sensible fan!

Lord knows that Don King is for the underdog. More excitement. And although Rose Hill was the underdog in this game, it seems that even though they won, you Elliott guys and gals can't suffice to say,,"Hats off to you for the effort and congratulations". But instead, all I hear are excuses. When Roy Jones Jr. lost for the first time, he didn't say "I was robbed, he stunk and I let him beat me". No, Roy said "I got hit on the chin and that was that". You guys act like Rose Hill played the perfect game. That couldn't be farther from the truth. You Elliott folk should learn to handle adversity. Heck, you had your own video, your own parade through town, and you have your own personal politician. Pick up the pieces, salute the victor, can the excuses, strap it up and go hard the rest of the way and show what your made of.

Heck, the popcorn is so good at Bath Co. I wish some of you would come on back to "The Big Chill in Owingsville, Part II" on Friday.

Only in America, baby!!:banana:

Just stating the facts Mr. King. Were you the promoter for Rose Hill, or do you just promote Roy Jones?

Just stating the facts Mr. King. Were you the promoter for Rose Hill, or do you just promote Roy Jones?

No sir, I promote fairness, equality, you know, the American Dream. I also promote truth. You state the facts, yet leave one out. You lost, plain and simple. For the health of your team and community, I propose you get a grip on that, drop the excuses and root your team to victories in the future. Your redemption may come in the regional tournament. In my sport,,,,they call that a rematch. Only in America, baby!

No sir, I promote fairness, equality, you know, the American Dream. I also promote truth. You state the facts, yet leave one out. You lost, plain and simple. For the health of your team and community, I propose you get a grip on that, drop the excuses and root your team to victories in the future. Your redemption may come in the regional tournament. In my sport,,,,they call that a rematch. Only in America, baby!

Sorry Mr King but I did state the fact that Elliott lost "read first four words of original post", so what does that say for your promotion of the truth? And I propose that you read the post carefully next time so that you may post correctly.

Sorry Mr King but I did state the fact that Elliott lost "read first four words of original post", so what does that say for your promotion of the truth? And I propose that you read the post carefully next time so that you may post correctly.

Now, I know that some may assume that I don't read and comprehend as well as some. And I suppose that sometimes that may be true. But in my quest for truth sir, I read where you said this and I quote "Elliott lost the game not because Rose Hill dominated them, but because they had a very off night". I hope that is correct, otherwise I may have to get my Lasik surgery redone, and my cataracts may prevent that (which is why I still have these glasses). It appears that you are dealing in half truths here. Son, a man has to be able to stand on the Truth. Tell the whole story, don't leave parts out. I won't go into the definition of dominate. That would bring up a whole other issue, like the rebounding discrepency. I won't bother to post the actual numbers, that horse has been beaten. I will suggest this however, if you aren't going to rebound, then you better make those shots. Let me put it another way. If you are gonna fight with your gloves down, you better to be sure to land all of your punches. If you don't you leave your chin exposed.

Only in America, baby!

I think that the rest of the state views Elliot County as a good team in a weak region, that dominates their local competition, but are slightly inferior to the true high quality teams around the state.

Being a small school they are entitled to their jubilation and newly-found power of domination, but they are definitely big fish in their small pond.

Were they located in the 11th Region, I doubt that there would be that much stir about the "boys from Sandy Hook."

Most of us in NoKy felt that Covington Catholic would beat Elliot County somewhat comfortably in the 5th/3rd, which they did. CovCath is one of about four "good" teams here in the 9th Region, and certainly not really considered a major state power. Elliot is nowhere on the same planet as a Mason County from the 10th, Scott County or Bryan Station from the 11th, or several of the quality Louisville teams.

Enjoy your success! Don't make them out to be something that they are not, and if they get to Rupp, cross your fingers that they don't draw in with a true statewide contender, or it will be a short stay.

Have you seen them play?

I think that the rest of the state views Elliot County as a good team in a weak region, that dominates their local competition, but are slightly inferior to the true high quality teams around the state.

Being a small school they are entitled to their jubilation and newly-found power of domination, but they are definitely big fish in their small pond.

Were they located in the 11th Region, I doubt that there would be that much stir about the "boys from Sandy Hook."

Most of us in NoKy felt that Covington Catholic would beat Elliot County somewhat comfortably in the 5th/3rd, which they did. CovCath is one of about four "good" teams here in the 9th Region, and certainly not really considered a major state power. Elliot is nowhere on the same planet as a Mason County from the 10th, Scott County or Bryan Station from the 11th, or several of the quality Louisville teams.

Enjoy your success! Don't make them out to be something that they are not, and if they get to Rupp, cross your fingers that they don't draw in with a true statewide contender, or it will be a short stay.

MUSTANG--I too am an outsider located in the middle of the weak 12th Region, but I have some bias because I like Elliott and have seen them play 6 or 7 times. Being objective, they really haven't played enough Top 10 teams or Power Teams to make an assessment (as one would say in the world of statistics there is not a representative sample to make an assessment) They had one test and lost that against Cov Cath. Test #2 is at Mason on 2-12. Test #3 will only come if they get to Rupp and then only depending on who they draw or if they win a game or so. Had they scheduled some games against Lex Cath, Bryan Station, Scott County, and say a 7th Region team, then we would have a much clearer picture of where they stand. Are they a Top 10 team?? Again, I don't know (opinions are like our backsides and everybody has one), but there is not enough evidence to convict them one way or the other. The only true assessment will be Mason and then a shot at a power team in Rupp if they get to that point.

Now, I know that some may assume that I don't read and comprehend as well as some. And I suppose that sometimes that may be true. But in my quest for truth sir, I read where you said this and I quote "Elliott lost the game not because Rose Hill dominated them, but because they had a very off night". I hope that is correct, otherwise I may have to get my Lasik surgery redone, and my cataracts may prevent that (which is why I still have these glasses). It appears that you are dealing in half truths here. Son, a man has to be able to stand on the Truth. Tell the whole story, don't leave parts out. I won't go into the definition of dominate. That would bring up a whole other issue, like the rebounding discrepency. I won't bother to post the actual numbers, that horse has been beaten. I will suggest this however, if you aren't going to rebound, then you better make those shots. Let me put it another way. If you are gonna fight with your gloves down, you better to be sure to land all of your punches. If you don't you leave your chin exposed.

Only in America, baby!

I believe you are for real Don King, because you are talking in riddles to evade the truth just like Don King does on TV, and the truth is if Rose Hill had dominated there would have been more than a 1 point spread with 56 sec. remaining in the game. The stats show what the truth was. I doubt that you were at the game also. Rose Hill shot over 50% and Elliott 28%, and what goes through the hoop is what counts when deciding the game. That may be domination in your dictionary but not in mine.

As a Central KY resident 120 miles away I still believe in this team and won't quit them with a few losses. The county statistics show they are a TRUE small school (private schools don't count as a TRUE small school) and that gives all the little guys a chance still. I have read all the books on Milan HS (Hoosiers) run and the great Bobby Plump. Elliott brings back memories (for me) of the King Kelly Wayland Team and the Carr Creek's of the 50s. I have been to 10 straight State Tourneys (all games) and I'm tired of Goliath (large schools) dominating the tournament. I always root for the little mountain schools, but as of late they haven't won many. Elliott gives us dreamers of a by gone era a ray of hope again.

In all fairness Elliott has just had one true test (outside the region) and that was Cov Cath and they lost. Really can't base your whole evaluation on 1 or 2 games. The 2-12 game at Mason County should be real test #2 and measuring stick #2. They did beat a good Grace Academy, TN team that had two D-1 players that were 6'10" and 6'8". They just haven't had enough games against top 10 teams to make a true evaluation. If I was the coach I would have scheduled 3 or 4 more Lex. Cath's, Bryan Station's, Scott County's, etc. But, maybe nobody wants to play little nobody from nowhere. That I don't know. Anyway, good luck Lions!! The dreamers and little guys are still believing in miracles even if they seemed to have faded away the last 40 years.

All of this could be true. Elliott has a true good team and it is true they lost to two good teams. I just do not understand the truth to Rose Hill not being a true small school because they do have a true small student body that a school is classified on. Since when did true county statistics determine the true classification of a true small school ? What if there is 5 schools in one big county are none of those TRUE small schools?